• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's It Like In Your Part Of The Woods?

I'm sitting here this morning looking out my window of our old country house that was built in 1914. In Iowa just 2 miles from the Minnesota border. I can hear the wind howling the tree branches are swaying it is raining. There are 3 Black Caped Chickadees feeding at the bird feeder. The weather report says it is supose to snow but so far this year I haven't seen any. As I recall last year at this time we already had enough snow to last all winter. So whats it like where you are?

It's been snowing here (Olivia) since about 6 a.m. I would guess about 4 inches now and the wind is a howling about 25-30 out of the N to NE. That usually means white out conditions around here, but the snow is a little wet now but I got a feeling it's gonna get real ugly here later today!! I'm thinking I'll be bugging out early today to make it back to Big Kandi. Oh well, shore fishing last night, shoveling snow tonight!! Gotta love Minnesota!!!!!

Nasty, nasty, nasty & getting worse. The snow right now is the heaviest it's been all day.

I'm in Hopkins & there are a few cars in the ditches already.

Go slow & take your time going home tonight every. Stay Safe.

Jo

From the looks of it on the news last night some of you got hit pretty good yesterday. I still haven't gotten any snow here but I wouldn't have to drive to far to see it. I think I can wait. It will get here sooner or later.

I am ready to head south! 6 inches of snow and still snowing and blowing (Hawley, MN)! Nasty day yesterday and today. Heard Marshall got 20" so guess we are better off than they are. And they keep playing the song "let it snow" on the radio - sick people! HA!

------------------
Phyl

Still snowing a little bit here off and on again today- sounds like it is going to do this most of the rest of the week. Roads are icy!!! And we have at least 7-8" in our yard. Went by Pelican Lake and the ice is forming on the east bank. Wish it was melting instead.

------------------
Phyl

I can't beleive this weather. Its December 4th and the weather men said on the news this morning that it could get up to 60 degrees today. I guess it still is Fall but there should be snow on the ground by now. Although I do hope for a short winter and that the ice is out of the lakes by the end of March.

Well Mary we have snow but it is melting! 45 yesterday 40 today and I love it (sorry all you ice fishermen!) But we are hearing about a winter storm warning for tomorrow - sounds like freezing rain. That sounds slippery! I will take this kind of winter any day!

------------------
Phyl

man!! it is 5:00 am and 63 degrees !! i can handle this. unfortunately i have to go to work!! wish i could go and play outside!! almost brought the boat out of storage last week , but didn't. takes to much work to reprep it for the winter. you folks with snow becareful. here in n.e. iowa we'll enjoy the nice day!! del