• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Bear Photo's

Nice bear Bman, did you get a weight on him?

Hey Snoozebutton,

How's things up north going? Anybody get any bigs ones over the bait yet?

Saw a few while out running my bealges not far from you. I have 5 acres down at the end of Ross Road.

This critter only weighed 240#. Not too bad for a MN bear smile But it looks huge next to my 160# frame grin

passing on a 300 pounder for your grandson, man you guys set the bar high over there in wisconsin!

Normally I wouldn't but that big guy had been coming in an hour before dark for a month. Then 2 days before the opener he turned nocturnal. Had to hold out at least the first day for him.

B Man, we're half way between Springbrook and Earl on Chappell Rd.

Got a couple bear pix on my deer cameras. Was finally able to get up to bait yesterday and going to hunt next week. Are any of these possibilities to shoot? I believe the first is a cub so obviously not a shooter. This is my first year bear hunting. Hopefully they are survived the first week.

52003f47.jpg

f1b253f6.jpg

5f0978a8.jpg

ba36066d.jpg

Well, the 2 biggest guys never showed up again so my grandson decided to take the next biggest one that turned out to be 230#. Not bad for a first bear and he was real happy about it. I turned the camera on video before we got into the stand and here he is a moment or two before the shot. My son in law took some after pics but I don't have those yet since it was pretty late before we got out of the woods.

full-22641-24898-billybear.jpg

Got my first bear last Thursday. After almost three weeks of watching sows with cubs, and little boo boos every night, finally had this guy show up. Thanks to everyone on the forum for sharing tips. It was very helpful to a first time bear hunter. Only eight short years til I can do it again wink