• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Bear Photo's

Well I finally drew my bear tag after 8 years of applying!!

I have four sites close to home and all of them were active. I had two nice boars over 350 lbs coming in after dark, as well as a HUGE sow (400+) with cubs that I passed on several times (can't shoot a sow with cubs/yearlings in Wisconsin). Along with several other sets of sows/cubs and smaller boars.

I've been out hunting 3-4 days a week waiting for one of the big boars to make a mistake and show there face during shooting hours.

But I found out last Friday that we are headed out of town for work in another week. So I decided to take the next decent bear to come in.

He came in Friday evening with about 20 minutes of shooting light left. He hit the bait an layed down facing me for about ten minutes before finally moving and laying down broadside.

While he was mowing down some apple licorice a sent a Muzzy screaming his way and through both lungs! smile He went about 50 yards and died within a minute.

I had two buddies come out and help me track and drag. I think Ray Charles could have followed the blood trail!! I'm very gratefull that he expired in such a short time. I've heard/read horror stories of bow shot bears.

Anyways here his is, dressed out at 230 pounds. He is my first bear, and I likely won't draw another tag for 6-8 years, so I'm getting a 1/2 lifesize mount done.