• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Bear Photo's

Lets see them!

just priming the pump...

Note from Admin:

Post those pictures here!

Remember the guidlines:

1. "Pose" the bear if possible, no excessive blood, no pictures from the tailgate or hanging on the gambrel.

2. Have the hunter in the photo, keep the sun in their face so the photo doesn't wash out

3. Keep the beer cans and smokes out as well

4. If it is a kid, no matter the size of the deer, post that picture, their smile makes up for deer size in a heartbeat.

Click Here if you need help on how to post pictures & images on to HSO!

First off, this is my first bear, so most of what I know I learned from you guys and other bear hunters I know. So thanks for all the advise..I got him on the northeast side of the Ponsford prairie. I had 3 different bears coming in almost every night(the big one showed up once the first week of baiting and then disappeared for over a week). Opening night I passed on a small bear hoping the big guy would show up, he didn’t. My trail cam showed me he was around but hitting an hour after I left my stand, and that he had chased the other three bears away. So on the third night I short baited(left very little food) him and soaked the area in liquid smoke(a new sent for this bait station). I was hoping this new aroma would be too much for to pass up and it was. at 8:10 I saw his head in some tall swamp grass off to my right about 35 yards away. I was not sure he was the big one yet but I had a pretty good idea that it was him since he was the only bear on my camera the night before. As happens when sitting in the same position for 3 hours my legs where stiff and not cooperating, so when he walked behind some bushes on the way to the bait I made a pain full move to get into a good shooting position, I made it into position by the time he cleared the bushes. My bait is under a pretty heavy canopy of trees, so anticipating a bear coming in under low light conditions I had added a sprinkling of flour around the beaten down area around the bait, I figured this would allow me to hunt safely till the end of legal shooting. When he started eating the bait I had a perfect outline of his head, shoulders and front legs, it was easy to put my crosshairs on the lung area and shoot. the bear turned, took two steps and fell over, and as many have described made the "death roar". I called a few friends to help me load it into the back of my ranger, good thing there where some tagalongs because it took 6 of us to get it in. Boy did I have a blast.

Good Lord!!! I believe I had the exact same look on my face as you, Hookset, the first time I looked at these pics. That's a dandy! Your first bear! That one might be hard to top.

I'm sure by now you've found out you'll need all your buddies to help you get that bruiser into the freezer.

Now, if you'll please excuse me, I need to go and determine how to restore my genitalia as they seem to have sucked up into my body cavity.... blush

Hey sam! Whats up? were you able to jump in to the saddle an hunt this year? Yea hookset really got on the board with that one. Many bear hunters wait a lifetime for a beeast of that caliber. Later boar