• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats every body doing to keep busy

Just wondering what every one is doing to keep busy. I haven't been out fishing for 2 weeks now and I'm starting to really miss it. The nice weather we have been having doesn't help. I keep thinking I should be out by a lake or river some where. I've been real busy with the family though. We have a lot of birthdays in the fall and it seems like my girls are making up for all the time I'm not around in the summer. Every day some one needs a babysitter. I did take a day last week to go visit and shopping with one of my fishing buddies. She wanted me to help her pick out a new rod and reel for her husband for Christmas. Besides this I've been busy crocheting new sweaters and slippers for Christmas presents. I've also been spending time getting use to my new computer. Any one out there have WindowsXP yet? It seems really good but I still can't get my hp photosmart digital camera to work on it yet. I wonder if Fishgirl has been fishing haven't heard from her in awhile. Any of you girls ice fish? <><Mary><>

Fishgirl's been busy, too. Haven't been out since the Trophy Fish incident, and the weather has certainly taunted me, too! But it's been a little busy around here getting ready for 2 weeks off! Driving and photography vacation. Bringing the rod and tackle box, but don't have high hopes of using them, because we'll be in desert a fair amount of the trip where there would otherwise be the opportunity to fish/have a place to cook it, that sort of thing. Not much water in the desert, especially with fish in it. But you never know!!

Still packing, leave tomorrow AM...

Hi guys - well I did some of the dreaded Xmas shopping yesterday. Not fun! I was complaining about all the people in the stores and the clerks were complaining that they were not busy - guess you can tell I hate to shop.

We went out for supper last night - they had a good country band so danced all night and closed the bar - man we are getting too old for this. I don't even drink much and I was beat today!

I am just sick we put our boat away. The last two weekends have been just beautiful and here I am watching all these people with boats driving around. Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

------------------
Phyl

[This message has been edited by fishinphyl (edited 11-11-2001).]

Phyl, Well good for you I guess if you can't be out fishing dancing is the thing to do.

I'm also one of those rare females that does not like to shop. This time of the year is even worse. I always say I'm going to get my Christmas shopping done early to avoid the crowds this time of year, but I never do.

Hubby took the day off today and we are going up to the lake to pick up our dock to bring home. He has some remodeling he wants to do to it over the winter. We are going to throw in a couple of poles and try our luck at a little shore fishing well we are at it.
<><Mary><>

Hi Mary: I always wait until the last 2 weeks to shop and swore I would do it different this year. I did get through about half of my list! I am so proud! I didn't even kill anyone.

If it is as nice where you live as it is here today I would definitely try fishing. Absolutely beautiful of course we barely dared to go outside all weekend because of the deer hunters. My neighbor and I were almost shot this weekend at her place. Guy was shooting at a deer that was between him and us and her land is posted! She was so mad she took off in the car and I could hear every word she said to him - which I will not repeat! She then called the DNR after getting their truck license. I hope they put the fear of God into those guys.

------------------
Phyl

Well, isn't that interesting? I also completely, totally hate to shop. I must hold the record, because twice now my boyfriend has received Mall of America gift certificates (he hates to shop, too), has sent me off to spend them, and I actually came back with money both times. :-)

Hi Fishgirl: You are as bad as I am. I received a gift certificate, exchanged it for another gift certificate for someone else for a gift! But I really don't like to give gift certificates - I can usually find bargains that look like I spent a lot more than I did! HA But MAN I hate to shop as bad as I hate to cook!

Well now I wonder if all women that like to fish hate to shop. Maybe we should take a survey. I don't like to cook either but I like to eat so it has to be done. We had our Thankgiving today so I cooked a lot and have lots of left overs so i won't have to cook again for a few days which is nice.
<><Mary><>

Phyl, Yes you did luck out. Just at what age do they do that? I have 3 ages 24, 27 and 29.
Can I look forward to this happening soon? I know yesterday they were saying my house is getting to small and my oldest daughter has a bigger house then me. Maybe I should slip her a few hints, but I bet I'd still have to cook. I guess cooking these specail meals aren't as bad as the day to day stuff. But then cooking is what I did for a living most of my life. Thats probably why I don't like it so much any more.
<><Mary><>

hey ladies!! the first thing you need to do is tell any one that may get you a gift certificate is have them get one from cabels! bet you wouldn't mind shopping so much then. yep the cooking gets old! especially trying to come up with different things to make. this getting home from work at 4:00; running errands, and then making supper! sound familar !! del

Hi Mary: Just noticed your question about what age they start cooking. Well at my house it better be early if they want to eat! Actually my daughter is 35 and has been doing the cooking for the holidays for the last 5 or 6 years. I love it. I will bring anything she needs - as long as I don't have to cook it. I found out that Sam's club has an awesome bakery so I always volunteer the deserts. Now if I could just get someone to do the every day cooking!

So is everybody ready for Xmas? I noticed that the women must be really busy because it is mostly men (ice fishers with no ice) on the forum lately.

------------------
Phyl