• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A couple Hayward area lakes

shiltsy

I was going to post this in the Hayward forum, but it looks like it gets about 10 posts per year. ;-)

I'm planning a trip with my Dad and brothers in early October. I have narrowed it down to two lakes and curious if anyone has fished for bass on those lakes and has any thoughts or feedback.

The two options are:

1. "Quiet Lakes" Chain of Lost Land, Teal and Ghost Lakes

2. Birchwood Lakes - Chetac, Red Cedar, Birch, Hemlock

Feel free to email me at shiltsy AT gmail DOT com if you don't want to reveal details. I'm just working to setup a fun trip where we have some decent action.

Thanks as always!

I was out on chetek and birch about 2 weeks ago. We fished the channel between the lakes with limited success. Once we were in chetek the pads were the hot ticket, many good sized bass in that lake. We had some fun fishing around the islands also. I would love to make it back out there for more than the afternoon we were out there. A lot of fishy waters in that area.

We go on a vacation on Chetac in mid-September, and the bass are usually biting pretty good. The lily pads are usually producing pretty well, and there are plenty bass under the docks throughout the lake, and in fallen trees. Basically anwhere you can find some thick cover. We usually fish Jawbreaker spoons and frogs over the pads, and senkos/flukes under the docks and near timber.