• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Craft Ideas Wanted

Hello I haven't been on here much latly been busy getting ready for my daughters wedding this Saturday. Hopefully we will be getting out there one last time before we have to pull the docks in next week. Now that the cooler weather is coming I turn in to a crafter. I like to make a lot of my Christmas presents and new things to decorate my home and camper in. Does any one have any craft idesa that have fish in them? If I can't be out there fishing I just as well make something fishy.
Thanks <><Mary><>

Well...the first thing that comes to mind is something with lures (those that don't bring you luck, of course!). I swear some of those Rapala lures are really pretty. Maybe take off the hooks and make a mobile or Christmas tree decorations or something. I'm planning to do some macro photography of some of my Rapalas when I get a little time here.

Hi Mary:
After cleaning out the boat and detangling the rods and reels that were stuffed in in a hurry last time we were out, I was thinking about making a cover I could slip over the entire rod and reel. It would keep the reel clean and the rods could not get tangled. We use tail bags on our horses and I figured if it worked on them the same thing only longer would work on the rods. I am sure I could buy some with way less frustration but thought I would look for some funky material and try one this winter. Any ideas on this?

Hi, We just got home from the lake got every thing closed up for the winter. We got our last single daughter married off on Saturdy and on Sunday we headed back to the lake. It was a little chilly but we didn't mind caught a few fish but nothing to brag about. FishGirl that is a good idea then you could enlarge them and frame them. Fishinphyl I've seen the ones that you can buy, but I bet you could make ones that are a lot better. I supose you would want to use materail that would repel the weather and make them big enough at the end to cover the reel with elastic or some kind of tie to close it up. This would be a good idea for Christmas presents for the fisherpeople on your list. JimW I bet you don't have enough room in your tackle box for more lures. Of course if your like us you just go buy another tackle box. I do decorate with old lures we don't use. I'm thinking about hanging all our Muskie lures up in some kind of display in our living room for the winter. I'm in the middle of making a quilted fish wall hanging and I think I'll put some smaller lures on it when I'm finished. Thanks for the ideas if you think of any thing else let me know.
<><Mary><>

Hi Mary:
I know how you feel about closing up the lake and putting the boat away. I too like to fish in warm weather!

I am going to have to try those rod bags. I will have to get to the fabric store in my spare time - what is that anyway- and see what I can find. For the horse tail and mane tamer bags we make them out of really funky swimwear material. We went to a show in Canada and had four horses with their heads sticking out of stalls in hot pink Hawaiian print, leopard print and florescent orange print mane tamers. These cover their entire heads back to their shoulders with eye and nose holes. You should have seen the Canadians - they could not believe it. So maybe my fishing bags might be kind of wild also. Let those men know there are some "wild women" fishing on the lake - or should I say weird! HA Have a great weekend!