• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LCD TV's in Perm

Harmonica Bear

I would not try that, when the fish house warms up it creates condensation, witch will be all over your tv witch will fry it out, Now this is with a ventless heater witch puts a lot more moisture in the air. Don't know what the diffrence would be with a vented heater, but I still wouldn't think it would be good.

I know a lot of people use them for their ice cameras. I just bought a 19inch DVD combo for my ice castle. Not leaving in their though and that is why I bought the smaller one so I can transport it back and forth. Very lightweight. When I heat up my shack I crack the windows a bit to relieve condensation and I have a vent.

Can't wait for the new season to try it all out. Hitting Lake of the Woods this weekend in the boat though first!

There are two reasons I would worry about that.

First off, once an LCD gets cold, it needs to warm up to ~55 degrees before you should turn it on. This is something my parents found out when they bought theirs and had to bring it in the basement from outside in January. Luckily, they found out the easy way from the store, not the hard way from experience.

Second, that's going to be the first thing taken if your perm get's broken into. Also, if some thief drives by and sees a TV running at night or something, your perm will be the first one on his list to break into to when no one is around.

Sure it can run of a inverter, I would go with at least a 1000, but you get what you pay for there are cheap one and more expencive ones. I have always had good luck with the cheap ones, but I just don't know what kind of surge protection the cheap ones come with or if it even

necessary. Just something to think about.

We take the 19" and 26" lcd's out when the heat isn't on just to be safe. I used to leave the 19" in and never had a problem though. I would be more worried about theft than anything, we also don't leave the house on the lake unattended unless we are just going to refill propane or gas for the generator.

I had a 17 inch LCD/TV/DVD in my old fish house that I always took out. I recently purchased a 26 LCD/TV/DVD for the new fish house that I am planning on taking out each time as well.

But I have a friend that has a 20 inch LCD in his and he leaves it in there all the time.. personally I don't think that it is that good for it.

Quote:
I just bought an Ice Castle and would like toi install a LCD/DVD combo. Can this run offof an inverter? if so what size? Can you share any other info trick tips?

GB Fan,

I use a 400 watt inverter on my 26 inch LCD/TV/DVD. Your T.V should say how many watts it takes to run it. My T.V. said (If I remember correctly) about 140 watts to run it so the 400 watt inverter is just fine for mine.

"hooks"

Is there a difference in standard LCD's and the ones you use in cars and conversion vans. I have been looking on a few car audio websites at LCD's for the wifes Buick. If they are made for Automobiles they must hold up to cold. I also think they run on 12 volts. The electronics guy I use for work was talking about L.E.D. tv's that are the newest thing, anybody hear of this?