• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pulled pork

3-4lb pork roast covered in Carribean Jerk Seasoning.

Put it into the crock pot with some onions and garlic.

Fill up the crock pot about half way with Orange Juice and cook for about 4hrs.

Let cool.

Shred it up.

Put back in crock pot with about 1/2-1C more OJ and some Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy Sauce. I like a few dashes of Tobasco in mine.

Let cook on low for about 30 mins more.

Slap it on a bun with a slice of Swiss Cheese and a dill pickle slice. grin

Season whole or portion of a pork shoulder (butt) with your favorite dry rub. put it in the smoker (I have a cookshack) with hickory or applewood at 225 degrees for as long as it takes to get to 190/195 degrees. Depending on size of meat can take up to 16 hours. I use a digital therm. that sticks in the meat and I can read from the outside. When the meat reaches aprox. 160 it will sit there for sometimes 2-3 hours (do not turn heat up or do anything at this time) this is called the plateau and is normal. when meat reached temp wrap in foil and put into a dry cooler with newspapers for at least 2 hours and up to 4. Remove, "pull" meat, and enjoy with a little mustard sop or BBQ sauce on an onion bun. Nothing better!

Season whole or portion of a pork shoulder (butt) with your favorite dry rub. put it in the smoker (I have a cookshack) with hickory or applewood at 225 degrees for as long as it takes to get to 190/195 degrees. Depending on size of meat can take up to 16 hours. I use a digital therm. that sticks in the meat and I can read from the outside. When the meat reaches aprox. 160 it will sit there for sometimes 2-3 hours (do not turn heat up or do anything at this time) this is called the plateau and is normal. when meat reached temp wrap in foil and put into a dry cooler with newspapers for at least 2 hours and up to 4. Remove, "pull" meat, and enjoy with a little mustard sop or BBQ sauce on an onion bun. Nothing better!

opps, didn't notice you wanted a crock recipe.

I have used this one several times and it is easy and tastes great. I like to make up some coleslaw and slap it on the buns with the meat...Awesome!

1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin

1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer

1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce

8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted

DIRECTIONS

Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.

Cole Slaw!

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon celery seed

4 cups chopped cabbage

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, and celery seed. Add cabbage and toss to coat.

I smoked a pork butt for about 3 hours and then finished it with indirect heat on the weber for another 3 hours. Turned out great but what I am wondering is how you are supposed to pull the meat. I did it by hand and it took me about an hour. Is there a better way to do it?

Chaff when I have cooked PB it is so done that a fork will shred it very quickly. When the guys are up I will smoked it for 4 hours the day before and throw it in a crock pot in the morning on low while we are out fishing all day and diner is ready when we get back. I also like to make the cole slaw the day before to set the flavor.

We just take our pork and throw it in the crock in the morning with Lawry's, pepper, onion slices and anything else I see in the cupboard that grabs me. Sits all day while at work on low. When we get home, we pull it out and cool for a short time or start shredding right away. We use a generous amount (LOTS) of a BBQ sauce we get from a small shop by Aberdeen ( can't remember the name off hand). It simply is the best pulled pork out there. I have tried many other sauces but none can touch it.