• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FISHING ON THE DOCK

Have you ever spent time just fishing from the dock at your favorite resort or fishing spot? I have and I've met a lot of interesting people there. I've met people from all walks of life fishing from the dock. Its really something how you have a special bond with fellow fishing people.

I've had life stories told me in a matter of a few minutes of meeting some of these people. Always a great fishing story or two exchanged. I've had people come by in boats asking how the fishing is going and if I know where there might be any good spots for them to fish at. In return they'd tell me what they had caught where and how.

I had a friend call me the other day. She had taken her brother fishing to a small area lake that has a fishing jetty. There was some other people fishing there also. She said to me "you know you meet a lot of nice people when your out fishing". I told her yes I know and that is what got me thinking about the people I've met in the last few years fishing from the dock. This year I haven't done this much instead I've just been jumping in the boat and taking off to my favorite fishing spots forgetting about the best spot of all the the Fishing Dock. I know where I'm headed the next time I go fishing. Who knows maybe I'll meet some new friends.

I've even caught some of my biggest fish from the dock. One time a school of White Bass happen to come by and I caught 15 in a roll. Now that was some fun good fishing. I caught my biggest Walleye, Small Mouth Bass. and my first and biggest Dog Fish.

Have you ever met any one interesting while fishing? Lets hear about it.

funny you should mention dock fishing.
since i have no boat i fish from shore about 99.9 % of the time. last weekend was an exception my fishing buddy and i rented a boat and fished the lake. sure was different.
anyways
last night after i got done with all my running around i headed to one of my dock spots. there was a father with his 2 kids (son and daughter) and a friend of his son's.
they had been there awhile. had not caught anything yet but was waiting for the sunny bite. i fished the opposite side of the pier as i was hoping for some crappie or eyes. well i did not catch anything till after they packed it in at 9:30. the little park closed at 10:00. they had so much fun catching them sunnies. they were not great big ones by any means but all were having a blast catching them. the father admitted he is not a knowledgable fisherman. but enjoyed the time there.
at this same dock i have had many interesting conversations with various ppl. most of the time they are fishing related, but not always.
Monty

------------------
Say what you mean and Mean what you say.
You've got to think like a fish no matter how wierd it gets...Storm Fishing Lures Ad

I have met 2 other Lady's that I have become very good friends with over the last 3 years. I met them both on the same dock. I'm sure there has been a lot of friendships made well fishing from a river bank or lake shore. Any body have any stories they want to tell us about this?

<><Mary><>