• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go MOM! Happy Mothers Day!

Most anglers credit there fathers, uncles, brothers, or grandfathers for instilling a strong interest in fishing. True my grandfather and other male influences were instrumental, but my Mom she is the true hardcore in my family, even by my standards.

It has been a tradition to go fishing on mothers day with Mom for as long as I remember, also a gift of a new fishing rod or tackle is a given. Mom just loves to fish, she takes it serious too, ya just gota love a Mom that digs fishing!

I have learned a lot from her and the one thing she instilled in me was if ya want to feel a bite keep the rod in your hands, she seldom miss's a bite or a fish.

Happy Mothers Day MOM, and to all you fishing Mom's out there who fish on Mothers Day, you go girl! Catch a piggy!

And MOM, Thank's for all the fishing trip's and the gift of fishing you shared with me!

smile.gif

Ed Carlson

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

Right on BWE!!

I'd have to say thanks to my mother for allowing me to go fishing even when I could have been helping out more around the house.

I thank her for always believing in me and supporting my passion for the great out of doors!

I guess with out my mom, I might never have lost a "nice" fish, broke my line, lost my favorite lure, been bit by numerous deer flies and ran for shelter from the oncoming thunderstorm! In other words, I would have never had the chance to learn "how" to fish!

Also, with out my mom, I would have never been givin' the opportunity to take my son fishing!

DOn't you dare go with out thanking your mom for all of those little things she has done for you over the years and don't just do it on "Mother's Day"! Once she's gone, you won't ever get to thank her again!!

Thanks Mom!!!!

Jim W

THOUGHT I'D SHARE A LITTLE FISH STORY ABOUT MY DEAR OLD GRANDMA (MYRTLE)
SHE OUTFISHED MY DAD AND HIS BROTHER ONE TIME OUT ON BIG KANDI. THEY GOT SKUNKED AND SHE GOT A LIMIT. HER METHOD WAS SIMPLE....SHE SAID "I THANKED GOD FOR EACH FISH BEFORE I CAUGHT IT"
TO ALL THE MOMS "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!"

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

There's an excellent article and a real tribute to a fishing mom and her mother in the Star Tribune. Log onto startribune.com
click on outdoors - it's the lead article.
Warning - better get the kleenex first if you've lost a parent that liked to fish.
You can also copy and paste the following in your address line: http://fishingminnesota.com/cgi-bin/forums/postings.cgi?action=reply&forum=Gals+Luv+2+Fish+Center&number=39&topic=000036.cgi&TopicSubject=Go+MOM!+Happy+Mothers+Day!