• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hoyt Spectra Eclipse (can I get some reviews please?)

Cobber

Well, I'm 22 years old and I have been bowhunting since I was about 16.. My dad is 49 and he has been mentioning getting into the bow scene himself so I'm trying to help a bit. He doesn't want to spend too much on a bow, but he really just wants to get out and experience it (and be able to have a lot more time in the tree)

I found for sale a Hoyt Spectra Eclipse (with overdraw- whats that?)

Also- it comes with hard case & quiver.

Cost : $100.

Seems like a little 'too good to be true' but I really don't know anything about the bow- is it a junker?

Any other suggestions for a cheap(er) bow for the pops?

Thanks!!

Hoyt has always made great bows in my opinion. However, the Spectra Eclipse has not been made in eons.. Its not a fast bow, but if it fits your father it can get the job done. The fit is most important.

An overdraw is/WAS something they put on bows to make the arrows shorter/thus lighter. However, they hugely compromise accuracy. I suggest you take it off, however, then you will need all new arrows.

Well, I'm 22 years old and I have been bowhunting since I was about 16.. My dad is 49 and he has been mentioning getting into the bow scene himself so I'm trying to help a bit. He doesn't want to spend too much on a bow, but he really just wants to get out and experience it (and be able to have a lot more time in the tree)

I found for sale a Hoyt Spectra Eclipse (with overdraw- whats that?)

Also- it comes with hard case & quiver.

Cost : $100.

Seems like a little 'too good to be true' but I really don't know anything about the bow- is it a junker?

Any other suggestions for a cheap(er) bow for the pops?

Thanks!!

Define cheap(er). Stop in at DJs.

Cobber, nice to see another Montevidian on the forums! But I tell ya, for your old man to get set up I would try to spend a little more, and get a little bit newer bow for him, It will make shooting and practicing much more enjoyable...What I would do if hes gona buy a used one is map out a handfull of archery shops on a map, make some calls to see what they have as far as used equipment, and go for a drive...Great bonding time as well!-- Good luck, and dont settle for first one ya find! My 2 cents.....