• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Opener

Just wondering what some of you girls think about fishing opener coming up this week end.

I know I'm excited. It will be nice to get out there and beable to fish for Walleye again.

What are your thoughts about it being on Mothers Day week end? For me I don't mind because there is nothing I'd rather be doing but fishing.

For thows of you that don't fish and find it a waste of money to buy a license it is Take A Mom Fishing Weekend so you can fish for free May 12&13th.

<><Mary><>

Since I live on Mille Lacs, my thoughts on opening weekend are pretty cut and dried.....Be patient and Stay away from the public access!

But, seriously, it is a very exciting time for my neck of the woods because it means the economy will start moving forward again. It means there will be thousands of new faces coming and going, some of which will stay or retire here. I look forward to waking up Saturday morning to hear the scream of motors as they head out to the hot spots. (That starts shortly after midnight.) I sit on my front steps with a hot cup of coffee and watch as Isle Bay turns into a busy thoroughfare. The steady stream of campers, trailers, SUV's and motorhomes passing through Main Street starts Thursday at about noon and continues until Labor Day. Local businesses are stocking their shelves to the brim in anticipation for what's coming in a few short days.

I love this time of year not only because of the excitement involved, but also because it is the time of year when we can take part in the things we really love to do and create new memories and stories to share.

HI Lisa,

Havn't heard from you in awhile. Do you plan on fishing during the opener? The area we fish doesn't get very busy on opener. How ever it does get busy during the summer months.

We had a co worker of ours move up there a few years back. The last we heard he was working at one of the resorts on your lake.
His name is Joe Winkelbaure ever heard of him?

Its going to be fun to beable to fish for Walleye and Northren again.

<>< Mary ><>

Hello, Mary!

I do plan on doing some fishing on opener, I'm not sure where or when, however. My middle son is a baitboy, so he will be on the water from Saturday morning to Sunday night. My oldest son is scheduled to work all weekend since it will be so busy around the lake. So, it will be my youngest boy and me. We are very proficient at launching and loading our boat, I just don't know where to try yet. I think I will stay close to shore along the rocks. There is a nice hot spot a few yards away from the boat landing that we have had great luck for early season.

Whatever I do, I will let you know. Please fill us in on your luck too!