• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS cell phone tracking and theft prevention and recovery services

I'm about fed up with all the sporting thefts in recent years...how about you?

Well..technology has a new answer and it's GPS tracking modules. There are several types out now, and services to accompany them..do a Google and you will locate them.

The basic way they work is this. Attach the GPS tag to the item you want to track...and they will notify you when it moves, or where it is going, or where it is now. They do this by cell phone and by e-mail, so you set up the system to fit the need.

An enterprising sporting web site may wish to look into this further...(HINT)...as it most certainly has great value to sportsman in this day and age.

A friend of mine has a T-Mobile phone that he can track. I thought that was pretty cool.

Now if the come up with an APP that can find my phone in my Car, Bedroom, or anywhere in my house when I really need it. I'll buy it the at the first chance I get!

FYI: All cell phones are now easily track-able, as long as they are turned on. Even if the 911 track feature is turned off or disabled, your still traceable as long at it is powered on. The government has the ability to access this as does most law enforcement agencies, but not the end user unless they are specifically enrolled in a track program with there provider.

The big difference with the GPS track tags is you have the ability to place them where you wish, to secure what you wish, and at any time 24/7/365 monitor it by logging on a secure web site or on your cell phone and you can determine notification and alert status parameters.

An example would be once your ice house was set at a known location, you tell the system to note that present location, and if it moves, it is tracked and recorded and you are informed and also the police are informed of this if that security feature is also activated. You gain theft protection and documentation, and recovery is nearly guaranteed.