• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Funny Fishing Store

I think everyone on this forum needs a little humor so I'm going to share a funny story with you that happened to my husband.

We went on a fishing vacation up by Walker MN. I think the name of the lake was Bell Train probable spelt wrong.
Anyway it was a long way from home so we decided to leave our boat at home and just use the one that came with the cabin.
We came back in from fishing and it had gotten a little windy. The currant took our boat away from the dock as we approached and instead of backing up and trying again my Husband grabbed for the dock. Now picture this in your mind. He had ahold of the dock his stomach was touching the water and his feet were holding the boat. At first I was a little upset with him but it was so funny seeing him like that. He did get the boat pulled up to the dock with his feet and we did'nt get to wet. After we got out of the boat there was a family setting on the other side in there big ski boat that wittnessed are little ordeal and they told us that it takes awhile to get the hang of handling a boat. We just agreed and walked away. We sure were'nt going to tell them we owned our own boat for over ten years. I still laugh when I think about this.

Now lets hear something funny that has happened to you or you seen happen.
Sorry I spelled Story wrong on the topic
[This message has been edited by Maryjl (edited 04-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Maryjl (edited 04-19-2001).]

YES, HUMOR IS A GOOD THING -- ONE OF THE BEST MEDICINES. LISA G (HI LISA) HAD A THRED IN THE KIDS FORUM THAT WAS FUN TO READ AND WRITE.
ANYWAY,THE DOCK THING WITH YOUR HUBBY REMINDED ME OF ONE TIME WHEN I WAS WAITING TO PUT MY BOAT IN PRIOR LAKE AND I WAS STANDING NEAR THE DOCK. A GUY AND HIS FAMILY WERE COMING IN OFF THE LAKE APROACHING THE DOCK A LITTLE TOO FAST. HE CUT HIS MOTOR AND WAS GLIDING IN TO GET ALONG SIDE BUT HE HIT END OF THE DOCK AND ONE OF THE KIDS FLEW INTO THE LAKE! THE GUYS WIFE FREAKED AND GRABBED THE POOR KID BY THE SCRUFF AND PULLED HIM IN THE BOAT AGAIN. NOW SHE TURNED AROUND AND GAVE THE GUY BOTH BARRELS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY! THE GUY WAS REAL QUIET AS THEY PULLED THEIR BOAT OUT OF THE LAKE.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Hey DARK 30! I agree that a good laugh is a good thing. I suppose I can share a little story with you.

Last summer my boys and I were full moon fishing on Mille Lacs. Bad weather was moving in from the South, so we headed for shore a little early. We had just gotten the boat loaded on the trailer at the public access by McQuoid's Inn in Isle when this Ford Bronco pulls in like they were on fire. The Bronco had 3 young guys inside and they were pulling a good sized fiberglass boat. The driver whips that baby around to line her up to launch.

The other 2 guys hop out. One on the dock and the other behind the rear end of the Bronco to unhook the boat. Well, this is when things got interesting!

The driver seemed to be having a bit of a problem finding the right place to back in because he was quickly jerking the rig forward and back in an attempt to launch the boat in a hurry. Finally, he is in the right position, so the guy behind the Bronco unhooks the boat to slide her in. All of a sudden the driver deciced to gun it and go forward again! We hear a big BAM!!..... then the 2 guys yelling "WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!"

It was too late, the boat belly flopped right onto the concrete landing....beached!

Well, now the weather was starting to really take a dump. The wind had come up and we felt sprinkles. [ Note: if you have ever launched at night at this particular landing, you know it is pitch dark. No lights! (This year therewill be a light, I made a request.)]

Anyway, now what were they gonna do??? They decided to take the strap and re-hook it to the boat and crank it back on the trailer to try over again. Well, guess what happened?! The second crank we heard a "Plink." The strap broke.

Bad night for these guys, they beach their boat, break the strap, it's 11:00 at night, and now it's raining!

To remedy the situation, they decide to PUSH the fiberglass boat into the water! Poor boat, you could hear her belly getting all torn up on the concrete.

This is when I went home. I had fish to clean. (I did send my oldest son back to see if they needed assistance, but by that time, they had the boat on another trailer.) I doubt if they did much fishing this particular night! I'll bet they were glad their girlfriends weren't around to see that one!

Went Up to the camper for the weekend and thought for sure when I got home and checked this there would be lots of funny stories to read. Come on I know you have to have at least one funny thing that you have done or seen in your life of fishing.

Here is one for you. In 1976 we were at Leech Lake and we were getting ready to head back home to Illinois. I told my late Wife I was going to take the boat out for a run and get rid some of the sand and clean out the sump and get it ready to trailer. She asked if I had any bait and I said I have some Leech's, but I will give them to the dock boy.

She said the kids were rounding up their gear and we could fish for a couple of hours so we headed over to Stoney Point. We found our spot and were catching a few Walleye's and since we could not freeze them for the trip home, we just put them back. Now remember this was before C&R was known or practiced much.

There was one other boat fishing there and we could tell he was not catching anything.After about an hour of us catching fish and putting them back, he motioned he wanted to come over. We said fine pull up and he did. He asked what are you folks fishing for? We said Walleye, and he said WHAT THE H*** DO YOU THINK YOUR THROWING AWAY? and speed off before we could explain.
We laughed all the way back to Illinois and for weeks thereafter.
Rooswter