• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Fall Sturgeon Season Share Your Stories and Pics Here

DTro

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That you J?

Buz here, friend to shadowman and Brynn from the old Coffee Gallery days.

Awesome sturgeon!

My friends Scott and Laura were the ones that took that photo for you the other day. He was just showing it to me on his phone a couple of nights ago.

Wow. Small world.

I love fishing for dinosaurs, and try to do the Rainy River trip in spring every coupla years.

We'll have to get together and go out some time.

That you J?

Buz here, friend to shadowman and Brynn from the old Coffee Gallery days.

Awesome sturgeon!

My friends Scott and Laura were the ones that took that photo for you the other day. He was just showing it to me on his phone a couple of nights ago.

Wow. Small world.

I love fishing for dinosaurs, and try to do the Rainy River trip in spring every coupla years.

We'll have to get together and go out some time.

Small world huh Buz?

Thank god for Scott and Laura. I wouldn't have been able to get the photo without them.

Let's go fishing.

My email address is: [email protected]

Here are a couple more photos. One of the landing and another of the release.

I've been out another 4 or 5 times but no action other than suckers & sheep head.

Any advice on structure, times, weather, bait, hooks, etc.? I want to catch more of them but I'm not doing very well.

J.

LandingSturgeon.jpg

ReleasingSturgeon.jpg

So what is the word everyone?

Water too warm? Too much traffic?

Normally by now we have dozens of great pics. My guess is water temps. I wasn’t even excited to make the trek over this weekend.

I hate to even say it, and it’s odd saying it, but we really need a big cool down and or some rain to spark a bite. That’s my story and I’m stickin to it.

I hate to even say it, and it’s odd saying it, but we really need a big cool down and or some rain to spark a bite. That’s my story and I’m stickin to it.

Head for the Rainy Darin.. Folks been getting Sturgeonfish regular.

I was off to a good start but it has taken a tern for the worst.I think it is the warm weather.I was out on Friday night and I think we saw 40 boats or more and they get close. we got one small fathead and one small drum. I hope we get some rain and it gets cold just to get people off the river.

Eric Wetteland

Thanks for putting up the video Darren.

What a way to end the soft-water season (at least for big fish). It was mid-30s out there, but there was NO wind (not until midnight or so at least), so it was really a great night to be on the water. Caught a few sturgeon, a couple small sheepies, and about a 2 lb redhorse. Twins game was a killer, but my PB-tying 57 inch sturgeon made up for it.

Thanks for having us out there, Steve! As always, it was a good time.