• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall fishing 2009

Thanks DC...Vanessa and I will bring some snacks for a shore lunch if we decide to make the venture. It's kind of tough not knowing if the little might have a problem at school. My gear is packed and we are on the upside of the trip.

Thanks for the invite and I look forward to seeing Tank tussle with a few mud sharks with the Fly Rod smile

Keep safe all and keep your head above water boys!!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a nice trip up the river. Water is high but there are fish to be had. We hooked and landed lots...

Tank with a big shark...

pa093329.jpg

A very fresh coho...

pa093328.jpg

Beth and I are heading north in the am to wander adound the Adirondacks, see ya on sunday with picts...

So, friday night we were talking about what to do this weekend. Wanted to do something diff and also check out some foliage. Were getting some decent color around here and the Catskills down by camp have more color. Have been throwing around the idea of exploring the Adirondacks and after checking some foliage reports decided to head that way. One problem was that its a holiday weekend. After searching online for a few hours and many calls later I found a dump near Lake Placid with a queen bed, tv, and a shower. Up around 6 and hit 81 north to Watertown then east. Lots of color from Cuse on. Drizzly and dreary but still nice. Things got real scienic from Tupper lake, Saranac, and on north and east. Plus the clouds were lifting and had blue skys by noonish.

Checked in and headed to a Blues, Brews, and BBQ festival at the Olympic Skijumping Center. Good music, good food, and expensive beer. Was nice though and got to take a ski lift then an elavator to the top of the ski jump...

Heres Beth standing in my spot grin

195rl.jpg

Words and pictures dont really do justice to how pretty the leaves and scenery was...

200zo.jpg

This is right where they begin thier jump from. We got there in time to see a few jumps crazy

207a.jpg

Here is a view of the jumps from a distance...

233ya.jpg

Stayed at the fest till about 4 then drove around for an hour or so checking out the Ausable river and Whiteface Mtn. Then back to town, wanderd around town, got some food then called it a night.

Up sunday morning and actually got to see some flurries. Headed to Whiteface to take the gondola ride up the mountain. The foliage was nice everywhere but absolutely peaked in this area!

242cr.jpg

Ofcourse I was the yahoo hanging the camera out of the gondola taking pictures...

029mv.jpg

034g.jpg

087w.jpg

25 degrees and 30-40 mph winds at the top...

055nb.jpg

069i.jpg

Only 10 picts per post - continued in the next post...

Dont eat the yellow snow, and dont be hate'n on the hat - it was cold and I got style, lol cool

056bf.jpg

Comming down the mountain... Dougie - they have numerous bike trails down the mountain. Beth was scared of even the thought! I could see us bombing down while the girls split a bottle of wine at the top... whistle

082lz.jpg

Left there and headed up to Willmington. Some real nice looking water on the West branch Ausable. Yes I really needed a fly rod and some heavy nymphs!

113ls.jpg

The road to the peak of Whiteface was closed due to sme snow and ice so we headed back to Lake Placid. Heres the Olympic Center...

260ek.jpg

Headed back to Tupper lake and south through the middle Dacks down past Blue mtn Lake and Old Forage.

137p.jpg

139b.jpg

Then down to Utica and the Mowhawk valley(that would be a good area for nuclear testing, level it and start over!)

A ton of driving but well worth it! Needed your head on a swivel. I was constantly saying - look at that tree, look left, look right, check out that view, look at that mountain, ect....

Nice Pics Bromosexual...did you get 2 free bowls of soup with the matching hats cry

I hope you got something out of my phone guide iterpertation last Thursday. You guys must have missed Prime Peak by 2 weeks or so. The bright red is simply awesome...period. We never made it up there this year and we are jealous. That's what happens when you do not have a job mad

Great mini vacation Jay and Beth...did you propose whistle

I have been eye fishing quite a bit lately with somewhat mixed results. One thing I have to do is replace my waders, was in the water early with Chef and changed locations and on the peel down it wasn't pretty. Caught a couple last night and had a couple of bumps, Friday was super slow and Sunday night I missed two. Had a great time fishing with Doug and Todd and ran into Franky Donny, and Jan. I'll be looking for new waders today..

Jay can't wait to check your pictures out when I get home.

Doug - Fishing Phil is charging the battery up to see if his LX-3 holds a charge it's been 3 years since he's had it on the ice.

BTW - after we left Phil and met up with Todd and Dave., Phil caught his limit and two throwbacks, go figure... Anyways Phil said last night on run#2 he would give me the LX-3 and we could settle up on the cash later if you still want it.

ThunderTodd - Happy B-Day! I brought the waders, jigs, n stickbaits to work today. Im gonna scam out of here soon and hit the river till dark...

AW - No soup with the hats, they wern't matching cool

Some areas were just a tad past peak but most were peak - some starting to fall and some just changing with most prime...

Toddling . . . Happy B day. Your right about the creek . . .can you believe a guy had his boat in there the other night when the winds were kicking around 30 mph!! He pretty much wrecked it for those casting in the middle. Scared all those minners to the weedline . . . aw I hate fishing the edge . . . heh, heh. Should run into you some night . . .

Happy B-Day Thunderminnow!!!

I just got your message a few minutes ago...I was over in Nelson at my parapalegic buddys land all day in this nasty weather. I was cleaning out shooting lanes and trimming back some overgrowth around the stands and encountered a pack of Coyotes...there was like 7 of them. They were cruising down the pipeline and didn't even see me. Lots of good sign on the hill. Should be some decent bucks up there again this year. The big 10 made it out alive last season and my Buddy Daryl saw it crossing in his back yard yesterday!!

Nothing too exciting on the eyes tonight but it was nice to wet some hooks and catch a few. I picked up 2 that were just short, one dinker, lost one that looked to be about 18in and also caught a 28 inch northern. 42 degrees and the wind was howling up the river eek

Well, I just got off the phone with DC...139.48 minutes crazy

I think we came close to the Monday Night Football Marathon back in September smile

Nice long chat and Vanessa and I can't wait to do our get together soon. A little Southern Tier hospitality.

I am psyched you two had a great time in the ADK's. Fall is one of the best times to be in our NY Hills blush

It's not the Rockies...but then again the Rockies do NOT look like the "daks whistle

Doug - Don't know if Vanessa told you I called after you left for the lake yesterday evening. wink Wanted to let you know that Phil is hot to sell that LX-3 for 150 to you and the battery is in fantastic shape after he put it on the charger. cool Call me 330-3134..

Todd - Did you get my emails? I just dumped a hefty couple of orders into Cabela's, wow. It sure goes fast, still looking for a decent wading stringer crazy Can't wait for this order so I can wade in dryness and in comfort again. Man that lake water can come in cold around the cahoney area. laugh

When you called last night that dental contraption Amanda has (pallet spreader) was not letting us make adjusments the key would not go back in to adjust. Come to find out that I when I had to adjust them after school yesterday that I did not go far enough forward with the adjustment , so basically I was going in to the wrong end of the adjuster like a dubm a$$.. Need less today Rosa will be taking over these duties for the next 3 months, LOL...