• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My 1st Fish Of 2001

I finally caught my first fish of the year. What a good feeling it was. We decided to go check out a few area lakes yesterday. They all still had some ice on them, but we were able to find enough open water to fish in all 3 of them. 1st one no luck. 2nd one no luck. 3rd one was a charm. With my trusty ultra light slip bobber and a minnow. Just when we were about to call it quits I seen my bobber go under oh what a trill and it put up a good fight and I landed a 3-4 lb Northren. A couple minutes later my husband also caught one. With that we called it quits and went home happy. We released them both even thow they would have made a wonderful first fresh fish meal for us and in Iowa we could have kept them, but they will be there for another day. Kind of funny my last fish caught in 2000 was a Norhtren also. Just had to share grin.gif Mary ><>