• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you suffer from ice fishing disorder?

JSK76

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a sponsers help, I almost bought my wife flowers instead of ice fishing equipment. I was really tempted, it was so hard.. She has been putting in alot of long hours at work an comes home very tired. I was on my way to buy some jigs an line an things, whistling on the way, the sun was shinning an all was right with the world. In the hardware store they have one of those coolers with flowers to buy an it caught my eye, I thouhgt boy that would make lori's day. I reached for a nice bowkay picked it up an looked at the price an almost dropped the vase, OMG i would have any money left for jigs an line.The sun went behind the clouds, I broke into a cold sweat, I started to shake, my knees got weak. Luckily a freind walk by an said "Boy it's getting cold out" Yes, yes it is, it getting cold. The sun came back out an I started to whistle again, I picked up my jigs an line an merrily went home. That was close. I think we need a hot line number in these times of great need. Thanks for listening. Boar

IFD has taken over my life even more. I sat online for several hours today looking at jigs, jiggin spoons, custom ice rods, and reels...I ordered seven new jigging spoons, one in each color they make in the same size. I figured they were only 99 cents so why not???? I figured I still saved money over shoping at a store. All this was from my dorm room in IOWA WHERE THERE ARE NO LAKES!!!

Now when my new lures get here I will go stir crazy just staring at them. My roommate must think im a complete psycho because i sit on this site for hours a day just clicking the refresh button waiting for new posts to pop up.

mrfish1991 You ever get a weekend with nothing to do run up to Spirit Lake its a drive but the fishing is uaually good for gills and perch walleye can be had to but alot of them fall in the slot. Check out the Iowa fishing forum or if you come up look me up in there or there are other guys that are usually willing to fish with a new guy too

I realized I had a problem when I sat in my living room (inside my Yukon) and watched Grumpy Old Men.... If anyone finds a cure, I don't want to hear about it.

Im sorry Scout but there is no cure for IFD... It is toally uncurable...

Might as well face the fact of life that you have it and will have to live with it... LOL

My buddy called me today to see if anybody I knew wanted to buy his shack... I asked what kind? he told me and I said, well, maybe my neighbor... but first how much? he told me and said an auger would go with it... I needed another auger and shack like a hole in my head, but of course said "I'll take it".... haha

6 years ago I would have laughed if anybody told me I would have IFD, but now I have it bad. My bro-in-law got me into it, before that I was just soft water guy. Now I can't wait for ice and snow... I am slowly converting my brother into the IFD clan wink

Reynolds-that is perfect. I used to get in trouble at school because I always had a pad of paper and was drawing ice house plans out. One time the teacher actually looked at it and told me I should be a arcitecht. LOL. BTW I love the avatar. gotta love the trailer park boys! laugh

I would love to say that I dont have IFD but I actually sacrafice open water/hunting/race car parts spending money for hard water spending money. There you go.

You draw out ice house plans using CAD programs at work, all the while listening intently for the boss' footsteps so you can quickly minimize the screen and look busy.

ALT + TAB is the fastest way to flip to another screen. cool

Am I the only one who has filled his bath tub with water to try out a pile of new Jigs and rods?

(and yes I waited till my Wife left for work before doing so)

I did that too, but the GF walked in on me. It was a turning point in our relationship.

Luckily she has learned to accept my IFD (and FD in general really) and support it. I walked into my garage after a disappointing deer opener to find a brand new Clam Denali in the bed of my truck and her standing at the door yelling, "happy birthday!...and Christmas."