• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone here about any big fish boated this season???

Yep! Haven't you seen Mr Sondag's beast from Mille Lacs? Or the gals from up in Canada? - Not Linda Rice this time! A guy I know got a 55" up in Canada on Pipestone. Also a very big I believe metro area fish that is being kept low key. Also a 58" from thinking St Lawrence or Georgian bay that should make an appearance in Muskies Inc soon. Might be some more, but I'm late to hit Holcombe!

I just got a pic of a 54 x 25'er. 2nd one I know of from this lake within 2 weeks or so.

The only reason I said define big is that i know people who think anything over 50 is big...not that it isn't, but i'd wager a post like this is looking for 54-55+.

I've seen a few nice ones come off of Mille Lacs. Ranging from 40 to 53 being the biggest I've seen. I have yet to pull one off this year, but I've only been fishin the muskies a couple of times, focusing on the great walleye bite!

Saw my name mentioned here so I thought I should pipe in. We have boated several in the 50 - 53.5 inch range this season. Which I consider giants. Even though I live and fish in MN I haven't been infected with the "Mille-Verm" virus that inexplicably makes you refer to a 45 inch fish as a "Peanut" or a 51 as just a "good fish."

The biggest fish I know of from this season... Other than the mystical 60+ inchers that are caught by crappie fisherman every year smirk Are Greg Marino's 56.25" up at Lac Seul. And a pair of 58's and change out of the Ottawa and the Larry.

Hopefully I'll see a fish like those soon!

jsondag,

Thank you! I agree 100% a 50+ inch fish are giants. I think 45+ a dandys. I heard Richard Pearson talk at one of these muskie shows a couple years ago and he referred to anything over 45" to be "Big ones". I found that refreshing. Sorry to get off topic.