• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

do I make Pope and Young?

Pics were taken with the moultrie 4.0 white flash camera.

I'm definitely on the fence with this buck...My guesstimate would be 120-130. His body is huge, so there's a chance I could be underestimating.

This will be a game day decision...I hope I get the chance to decide.

If I see him during the season, he's getting the smack down!!! It's so hard to let a deer of that caliber go on land that gets hunted so hard! If I owned a couple thousand acres and was able to manage deer, it would be a no brainer.

And I know where you are coming from I hunt small tracks of land and have seen many bucks I have passed shot by others thier is nothing wrong with this it's your tag and meat in your freezer I just let them go with the hope they will make it another year.

The short brow tines will keep him out of the book if they were a bit longer he would make book with the gross score, I would give him atleast one more year but try for two.

If you look at the first picture, his brows are not that small. A good 4", good brows IMO.

That deer will be roughly around 130, if he has any deductions, it will be very hard for him to make it in the books. Hard to say how much more he will be grow. Velvet really makes them look bigger that they really are. However, I probably would not pass him up. It is often said that it takes a mighty nice 8 point to make P&Y. He is nice, but I am just not sure if he would make it. I do think he will score in the 120's for sure.

I would say the picture of the first buck will just likely crack 100 inches. They always look so much bigger in velvet but once that comes off, you have a 100 inch buck in my opinion. Good luck!