• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

String suppressor

Will

I have noticed that most new bows come with some sort of string suppressor system. Supposedly they help reduce vibration and noise. My bow could use a little help in these areas. There are several different ones available to retro fit my bow. Has anyone tried one on an older bow? If so, what brand? And was there a marked improvement?

---------Will

string tamer! however, will only work if the riser is tapped and threaded on the opposite side of the stabilizer. works fantastic. arrow releases from string same time every time. with it, u dont need string leeches. i love mine! groups got a bit tighter too

There is a new String Tamer out now for a front mount. You can google it.

Vister, I'm not doubting you one bit, just curious why you think it tightened your groups?

Mathews just made a string stopper. Very adjustable. Very easy to set up and it don't screw into the front like an STS versions i've seen relatively cheap around 40 bucks but wow it made a difference on my bow.

I would say definitely worth the price. I put one on my PSE Xforce and its amazing its so quiet and shock free. I have no string leeches, or any other "dampening" items. I only use my String Tamer.

Most pro shops will let you try one out. All you need is a threaded hole on the riser below your grip.