• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Want To Rent Kayaks For A Day Trip

My wife and I would like to rent a couple kayaks for a day trip --- preferably the kind of trip where you start at a drop point and get picked up at an exit point.

Anyone got any ideas or leads? I was thinking maybe the St. Croix but I don't know anything about it, or if there's any place that does trips like we want to do.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

There are several trip options on the Brule River. You can rent kayaks right in Brule, WI, drop your car off at the take-out point and get shuttled to the put in. We do an ice out trip every year and it's a great paddle.

Google brule river rental

Wild River Outfitters in Grantsburg Wisconsin is a great place to do this. They take you up to drop off destination based on how far you want to paddle, then you end up at their location. I've done this many times and it is very easy, fun and scenic. They are located on highway 70 in Grantsburg. About 70 miles from the Metro.

Do you have a destination in mind? This type of service is very popular now.

Lots of places around Lake Superior do this, many of the popular rivers such as the Cannon, Kettle, St. Louis, St. Croix etc. Also many outfitters in Ely will do this.