• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fighting muskies at night?

In my experience i've noticed that muskies seem not to fight as hard at night as they do during the day. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Do you think this is because they can't see the boat when you get them close so they don't do their runs, jumps, or rolls? Just a couple head shakes has been my experience.

I'd say 95% of the muskies I've boated have gone batsh!t crazy when hooked. I'm estimating they can still recognize the outline of the boat from underwater so I wouldn't think it would play a roll but just an opinion. I'm curious what other have to say.

I guess it could be water specific since all but one of the fish i've caught at night came from the same lake. This weekend I got a 51 and 52 (see photo thread) and both hit 1/2 of the way out and were easily directed right to the boat and then just sat next to the boat while my partner got the net. Last year I caught a 49 that hit a foot from the boat and it just sat there for 10seconds shaking its head until my partner netted it. From the sounds of what you guys experience my cases are just isolated incidents I guess.

JRedig- that would be sweet to see!