• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sheding????

Neighbor_guy

Let me set this question up a bit, I have a 7 year old female lab. I brush her out good on a weekly basis and she still sheds a bit, but nothing I would consider out of the ordinary.

I brushed her this past sunday, the normal day, and everything was as normal. Yesterday, my daughter came up to me with a handfull of dog hair and said the dog was shedding realy bad, so I ran my hand from head to tail with light preasure and had a handfull of hair. confused So I got the brush back out and started brushing her out. I stoped 45 min later because my arms were tired. When I was done, I FILLED two plastic grocery bags with dog hair. It looked like a big hairy beach ball on the floor. Today I brushed again and had a pile the size of a volleyball with just 15 min of brushing.

I would say 90-95% of her outter "guard" coat is gone and most of what she lost today was under coat. If you pinch and pull just with light preasure you just pull clumps and clumps of hair out.

Any Ideas? Is this something I should just monitor or should I bring her in? Just the time of year? Anyone else seeing anything like this?

I have never seen anything like this before. Figured I would ask here.

My old yellow is really shedding right now... Coulda stuffed a pillow with the amount I've taken off her the past few days!

Just blowing the summer coat and getting ready to lay on the winter coat. As daylight decreases it will trigger this. Nothing to worry about...

Good Luck!

Ken