• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SE MN Trout

d.roy

How about some fishing reports on SE MN trout action.

I'm not sure what other's experiences are but the fishing has been pretty slow in my boat (aka waders) since the arctic blast in early august. I've spent about 4 days in the whitewater area since then with marginal at best fishing. I'm not sure if I'm fishing on poor days, if I'm a poor fisherman, or if the fishing is generally poor. We've been getting a few fish on every outing but not much more than that and we have worked pretty hard for the few we set into. Have tried spins and flies including BH prince, hares ear, BWO, duns, wooly bugs, and beetles. Have tried many different pieces of water. My best patterns have been BH prince and wooly bugs but again lots of work for a very few fish.

I've not fished the area much in the past at this time of year - what is the fishing normally like in august and into sept? What are some other's experiences lately? Are there any other patterns that seem to be producing?

In any event, catching very few fish is better than being blanked and being blanked is still better than being at work. Just curious about what others are seeing out there. Thanks for the reports!

What about hoppers?
I know the last couple weeks has been witness to millions of them critters!

I'd suggest hitting new waters as well. It's always good to get away from habit or tradition!

Don't forget rapalas!!!

I suggest heading further South less pressure! as well!

Jim W

Trout seem to be acting the same up north. At times we couldn't keep them off, then you wouldn't see one for hours.
The ones we caught were good sized ones.

I'd have to say it's this weird weather. We need a week of stable weather to get the trout back into a bitting mood.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"