• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rainy lake musky fishing.

goldie11

Where you going to goldie? We went to Silver Muskie last year, early august. Friend owns the place, we used to stay at his resort in the Fergus Falls area long ago, before me moved to Canada.

We caught lots of walleyes and sauger, and LOTS of BIG crappie! In the same spot, with the crappies suspending alomst right over the walleye by a few feet. I did best on crawlers, but bro and bro-in-law used minnows more. Gulp worked great too. It was incredible fishing. Biggest was 24" so no monsters, but lots of them. Crappies were all in 12"-14" range, so very nice.

But to muskies... we tried the grass (not much there) and the slop, and rock piles. Got some medium sized pike, but not skis. But Galen told us that most reports of follows were when guys were reeling in small walleyes, and the muskies were following up to the boat.

So on last day, my bro throws a walleye pattern crankbait right in the area were fishing walleyes, he said "I know I am crazy, but I need to try for them a bit before we go" - we were leaivng in like 30 minutes. Well, he boated one on the first cast, not big but 36" and then 3 cats later he had another 36-37" in the same spot, right as I was reeling in walleyes.

Soooo... if you find walleyes, and you will, don't be afraid to throw some big walleye pattern cranks for some muskies! Good luck, you will have a blast!