• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunted WI Northern opener today on the WI River in Portage County. Spent most of the night out on the water. Hunting was tough, a lot of people, not a great number of birds, and really hot sunny weather.

Had two mallards in the first hour, that ended up being it for my hunting partner and I for the day. Only other shot chance was at some passing woodies, missed. Talking to other guys it was much of the same,some woodies in the backwaters sloughs and that's about it. A friends group ended up with 1 Canvasback for the day...slow.

Mostly saw mallards and woodies, with a few other birds including the cans, ringnecks, and geese.

Be back at it tomorrow.

Hunted every day this week besides today. Things were slow. Hunted the mead or the river all week. We would shoot a few every day but nothing great. Species killed since my last report include bluebills, woodies, teal, ringnecks, and widgeon.

Things were pretty slow when I was down there. The warm weather didn't help. got a few mallards but that was it. Had some cans working one morning so that was kinda neat. Might head back down there next week