• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trip to Florida Bass fishing

Fisherman45

My Daughter is getting married on Sept 30th near Orlando. I have a chance to go Bass fishing 1 day while I am down there. I will have to find a guide service. Does anyone know of any guide service in the Orlando area that they would recommend? I googled a few places but maybe someone else has had a great experience and would like to share the guides name.

Also what lake would would you pick if you had the chance to go?

Lake Toho(shallow stained)

Lake Okeechobee (shallow stained)

Lake Conway (Deep Clear).

Thanks for the input.

Bob

I have fished all of the lake you mention. Also fished Stick Marsh farm 13 (if you put stick marsh farm 13 in a search engine you will get the site with recent fishing report) I really like Toho the best but if you dont know the lake fishing it can be tough. Everywhere you look seems should hold huge fish but they are not easy to find. The most fun I have had fishing in the Orlando area is the Winter Park Chain in Winter Park. A chain of 6-7 smaller lakes with good #'s and size. Enjoy your trip.

My dad use to be a bass guide in the late 80's on Toho and he always said it was one of the best lakes he has ever fished. He said the shiner fishing was absolutely amazing. Im not sure of any guides and my dad passed away 2 years ago but i would definitely look into a guide for lake Taho...We have a mount on our wall at home of a fish that went 12lbs 4oz and then the next week he caught a 13lb 1oz fish. Good luck and have fun