• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone???????.......

hendricks shoulda took kesoloski i bet in the next yr or 2 he has more wins than jr

will be interesting how long the fans stay behind jr

i dont see hime ever wining more than a race or 2 a yr if that

maybe daytona or dega kinda deal

maybe but i doubt it

i dont understand the fastation with him other than the son of the 3 but man that can only last so long he's terrialbe interveiw

struggles to get words out i think him and martin are the worse interveiws martin says the same thing time and time again nobody whos he driving for and i'm an avid martin fan

Success comes from alot of different variables.

Equipment, confidence, set-ups, butt time, communication, etc

I used to be part of a sprint car team that runs in multiple series, including the World of outlaws, the IRA 410's, 360 class.

We struggled BAD for a year or 2, we had good to great equipment, driver could drive the wheels off the car, we were missing the set-ups, by just a tad and it would cost us big time during qualifying.

Our driver needed more butt time, there is never enough of this, you look at all series of racing and the guys that can drive more laps get more confidence, more feed back to the engineers, crew chiefs and so on.

Communication is really the key, like stated earlier if a driver tells the crew chief the car is rolling over in the corners, and the crew chief can make a change to help and the driver has confidence he will make the proper changes and not over adjust.

Just an update our driver is now running in 2nd place in points this year in the midwest 360 class. took a while, but he is there at the top.

Time will tell with drivers, it may take 1, 2 or 3 years.

I guess he had it in the Busch series and the year with Eury was better than this season.

You must not like Jr at all and think he cannot drive at all. The championship in the Busch series and the wins in both series he has someone else must have been driving the car.

If Jr needs to go boy, there are many more teams worse off than he.

you have to remember when he was doing all that winning the ole man was still around and you cant tell me that didnt make a difference

its not that i dont like him its just that i dont get why everybody so thinks he so great he's an avg driver that maybe and just maybe with the right right crew chief could do better

theres probably alot of good drivers that just never get that

chemistry going for what ever reason i think the above avg driver

like tony jeff g i wonder about j johnson with out chad

take guy like edwards and kyle b those guys are drivers but still need those crew chiefs i think kyle is very good at knowing whats going on with his car

These are stats directly from Nascar dot com before the Michigan race. I'm not sure how you guys rank him as an average driver. He didn't do all this in Hendrick equipment. I believe alot of it was DEI equipment.

Even though Earnhardt is seeing more disappointment than celebration these days, he is still one of the best drivers this past decade. He made his first Cup start at Lowe's Motor Speedway in 1999 and finished 16th. His first full Cup season began in 2000 and he is among the leaders in every statistical category in that timeframe.

INSIDE THE DATA

18 --Wins for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his career, fifth from 2000 to present. Jimmie Johnson (43), Jeff Gordon (33), Tony Stewart (33), and Kurt Busch (19) rank higher.

87 --Number of top-fives for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his career, fifth from 2000 to present. Jeff Gordon (139), Tony Stewart (130), Jimmie Johnson (110), and Matt Kenseth (91) rank higher.

140 --Number of top-10s for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his career, sixth from 2000 to present. Jeff Gordon (207), Tony Stewart (204), Jimmie Johnson (170), Matt Kenseth (168), and Mark Martin (149) rank higher.

6,473 --Number of laps led for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his career, fourth from 2000 to present. Jeff Gordon (10,198), Tony Stewart (9,282) and Jimmie Johnson (8,438) rank higher.

I just read that childress 's grand son is going to run the #3 wonder if that will make him the new fan favorite

as far as the above stats they look good but will they hold up in 5 yrs or remain similiar jeff tony mark are showin

they greatness over yrs

you can make a point for the long time inbetween wins mark and even jeff had a strecth there

time will tell with jr

he has a ways to go to catch up to guys like dale j..rusty..even terry l and ricky r are in mid 20s i think

Even your boy Mark Martin was a dud for many of his early years and didn't "blossom" until later. All it takes is to hit the right combination and any team can rip off a number of wins.

Look at The Rat....he was on fire last year and almost a lock for the championship until the Chase when he took his hands off the steering wheel and firmly grasped his throat.