• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
simplefish

lakers

Quick question: Does anyone have any tips for fishing lakers from shore? I'm relatively new to the game, not having done it before, and would like some info on where to start. Thanks ahead.

Well,

It might be possible in the spring when the lakers are in shallow water, but during the summer unless you can cast spoons from shore into 60' of water, you're outta luck.

A good option would be to fish the breakwall at Two Habors. Great chance at lakers, and you should at least be able to get some action from some thing big and finned.

The only way I know how is to fashion a slip rig and thread a cisco/smelt with a treble(in the mouth) and get it out to 40-100ft of water. This is a set-line technique used with one person on shore and another in a boat running the bait out to depth. Then sit on shore and wait while drinking adult beverages. You may be able to cast this off the breakwall and also pitch some spoons at the same time for them?

B2

------------------
Jump in! There is plenty of fish for everyone!

If the terrain allows, inland laker waters can offer some shore fishing. There are spots up here on Burntside where 30 feet out gets you 60 feet down. Sometimes on a nice contour. Most of these spots would be hike ins with no road access. Breakwall would be my bet as well to get a taste for it. Good luck!

------------------
chunky

Eng693, to use a treble hook all you have to do is take a split ring and a small spinner blade and attach it to the eye of the treble. While this seems to go against the intent of the law, it is legal.

------------------
Erik Torgerson

We used to use that method years ago. But last time I read the Regs I think I read (and correct me if I am wrong) that using a treble hook not attached to a lure is illegal.

Update:
See page 14 of the 2004 Regs. I quote "Anglers may only use one hook. An artificial lure is considered one hook. A treble hook, when not part of an artificial lure, is considered three hooks and is not legal."

Fish On! grin.gif
The Fishin' Engineer

[This message has been edited by engr693 (edited 08-31-2004).]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Camera are great. Shielded wire or wireless I use both. rl-sd good info on shielded, wireless I use 5.8ghz drone trans/rcvr effective and inexpensive all 12v run multiple devices, TV, monitors, tablet, smart phone.   Forced Air Furcace - only way to go. Ventless has CO issue and will put .8 gallons of water/moisture inside your house for every 20# of propane burned. If you go ventless bring a torch the following morning as the door will most likely be froze shut. I have a 6.5 x 12 WH, 19,000 BTU Suburban vented furnace well insulated took 9 min to heat from 8 deg to 70 deg. You will probably need to go to 25,000 minimum. My cealing at 82" and air duct to center of house & 4" round to door no ceiling fans. Have balanced temp all areas of house. On my next build I will add a second floor 2" and have a 12 x 2" channel from furnace to back of house with 8 x 2 multi channels to sides to duct heat. Fill other area with additional insulation.     I don't sleep in mine so no bunks and no range hood.   I would go all 12v lighting. Smaller flexible stranded wire, no A/C interference. Lights available equivelent to 75 watt only white, not yellow. You can get remote dimmers for about $12. I made mine 4 years ago putting 50 50 bright white strips in RV lights. Bottom lighting  pic before I put the new Suburban furnace in.  
    • Congrats on your 10 years Steve!! Made me look too, and it says since 8-11-2000..........    Holy carp, thats a long time ago!! Back in the day we used to have some pretty big get togethers on the Duluth forum.  Many B-side Bash's, a few garbage clean-ups, and a couple Lake Superior get togethers. I've met alot of folks from on here up on URL back in those old days of the Crappie Boom.  IBOT's and clamping, oh my😂      
    • I had my old boss once point out the number of posts I've made here.   " But that comes out to be just less than one post a day."   "I guess you are right, carry on."   And of course, I was also a member of Team Timeout a couple times myself.          
    • I do most of my posting at work so its a miracle I'm still employed.    Also I don't think you can call yourself a true member of the forum unless you've been put on time out at least once.  Back in the day I had a few time outs but I never knew why.  Whichever mod did it never informed me or gave me a reason.  
    • Most everyone on this site has been in the coroner at least twice, especially if they have been around for 10 years plus. I know I've been and I still have the same name since 2002-even though the date shows 2006, why I don't know.
    • Nope can't say I have been sick. I visit my parents in the old folks home so maybe that will be a good test. I may need to find another chunk of two to last me the winter. I kinda enjoy being in the woods and looking for it.
    • Make sure you use shielded cable vs wiring rca ends onto standard 16 gauge wire other wise you will have interference from your other 12 and 120 volt wiring.  More insulation = less btus needed. At the very least I would spray the floor. Going to want to go 30k if you aren’t going to spray foam the walls Depends on location. 30” is optimal. If on the side of the house versus back, I would go 24” because the are nicer to sit on. I have a 36” for my fold down top bunk and it works well to sleep my 7 & 8 year old Are they nice? Yes. Are they a nessecity? No. I don’t have one and moisture has never been an issue. The only prob I have is cooking bacon in the house.... I love bacon but when u cook it in the house it lingers for days, but not sure the vent would totally solve this LED!!!!! You need to decide whether you’re going to have a generator and how long you want to run it. If you think that you’re going to constantly run a generator then you probably want to have more 120 V lights in the last 12 V lights. If you’re not going to run a generator that often or not at all then you would want to cut down in the number of 120 V lights.  Three way switches are in valuable within a fish house. Being able to switch on the entire bank of lights by the door and also by the rear bunk is very nice when you hear the rattle real go off in the middle of the night. I have three double pancake LED lights in my house that can be switched on and off individually one light or too light per fixture. I then ran the input power through a three way switch so that I can shut each light down individually or shut the whole works off as one. Hall lights are also very important, we used LED Leison plate lights and they work awesome
    • Been sick at all since starting to use it?  Friends of mine have been using it for a few years religiously for one reason or another.  They keep a jug of it next to the coffee pot.