• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fantasy Football Auction Draft Set-up

FishingwithJake

Alright guys, I need some advice on how to set up for our leagues first ever auction draft. I've never been a part of an auction draft and as League Manager I'd like to hear some ideas of how to run the auction draft. I have a good understanding of how one works, I just need some advice on how to run it. Here are my topics for thought:

1. Auctioneer - we currently don't have anyone to run the action for us. Should I continue to try to find someone or will we be fine without?

2. Draft Board - I'd like to figure out a way to display all of the players cash situation throughout the draft. I was thinking of getting some kind of projector (I might be able to borrow one from a friend) and using an Excel spreadsheet or a dry erase board. Thoughts?

If there is anything else you guys have advice on please let me know. I'm all ears!

For the auctioneer... we always have the guy sitting to the left of the tosser(the guy who chooses the player to auction) be the auctioneer. If he bids on the player the next guy takes over. Seems to work fine for us..

As far as keeping track of $$$. We always do it individually and then recap after a full round of 10-12 players is complete to make sure everyone is on the same page.

One recommedation..... I have never participated in leagues that do this, but some leagues take the top 40 players and put their names in a hat and draw them out to begin the auction. This helps to alleviate someone throwing out a Kicker early.... which seems to just annoy everyone

We have done an Auction for several years. It is a great time. I would recomend getting and Auctioner and an Assistant. That really keeps things moving. Then just go down the line and have people throw names out. We have done a 14 team auction with 15 rounds in 2.5 hours. We have started to lengthen it out now. We take a few more breaks.

As far as a Draft Board, we got ours from the fantasy site that we use. Every year you can get the new stickers. Then Each team has it's own sheet. After they purchase a player the Auctioneer's assistant puts The player on the appropriate sheet, how much they paid and how much they have left over. Like I said the system is great. If you need more info let me know.