• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bullheaded, independant #@$#@

machohorn

I have my dog at a trainer, He was going to be there 2weeks 3tops, Well it has been 1 month and may be a few more weeks, Does anyone else have a independant dog? The giy training is one of the top trainers from Texas. On Sat he said he has only had 1 other dog more bullheaded then this one but that one one day turned the switch and ended up being a great champion and he see's some of those traits in mine. I'm just wondering if any one else has had these issues?

Just curious, is he intact?

One of our trainers has a golden named Reggie that is one of the most fantastic dogs I have ever seen. He competes at a very high level in obedience and fly ball. He's just unbelievable. We were talking one day and he said that Reggie was an absolute terror when younger and that he almost got rid of him. So, just because he's a pig-headed little sheister right now doesn't mean you can't break him smile

Our Floyd can be pretty stubborn, too, but we just stick with our training regimen and he's turning out great. In fact, we just passed our therapy dog evaluation with flying colors last week! smile

Our lab was really bullheaded for a long time. On top of that, think about the normal amount of energy a lab has, then double it an you have our dog. And yes we thought about getting rid of him.

You just have to be patient and disciplined. He has turned out to be a fantastic dog and the drive he has in the field is unbelievable. He doesn't have a great nose, but man he outworks every other dog he has hunted with, and as a result finds more birds. Not only that, but he's about 4.5 now and he' turned out to be a great family dog, is really patient with our 1.5 year old daughter.

He got all the working hardware, He comes from great lines and I thought if he was any good I would want to breed him out. 85% of the time he listens good the other 15% well thats what we are working on. He's good with me but the wifey has problems and we have grandkids 3 &4 and she wants him to settle down around them, the 3yo looks face to nose with him. He's good but if they throw something or leave a toy out he thinks it's his and will not give it up causing a little crying with the girls. So I figure it's money well spent to solve these issues.

200 per week, Well last night it looked like the switch flipped! each command was on time and rock solid, a few minor mistakes but overall the session went well, They are also getting him on plenty of birds, learning to 1/4 etc. Should be money well spent