• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Madden 10

LMITOUT

Did anybody get the latest Madden? I haven't had a Madden game for years and decided after hearing some positive reviews to give it a shot.

I like that they slowed the action down to make it more realistic, plus it gives you time to think during the play and lets you find holes to run through or open receivers to pass to. The developers said that in prior games the speed was equivalent to players running a 3.5s/40yd dash so they backed it down to comparable human speeds.

Pass defense is still difficult for me but not playing a Madden game for years it'll probably get better. There are just too many commands to remember in the split second you have to make a play. Dive, strip the ball, tackle high, tackle low, etc, etc.

Since pass defense is difficult I played against the Vikings and concentrated on the run and won 66-14. So I'd say EA Sports did a great job on the realism. grin

Isn't he suspended until week 6? I was playing Call Of Duty last night with some of my friends, one guy is from Philly and I asked him what he thought of Vick playing for the Eagles and he said they'd never sign him. I was like, Ummmm, they signed him thursday night. He didn't believe me until one of our other friends told him it was true.

What I like about playing it on the Wii is you act like you throw the football with the controller.

You guys might laugh about the Wii, but like I said above, I also have the PS3, and the Wii's online play is absolutely trouble free, compared to my PS3 and losing connection all the time. Don't get me wrong, the PS3 is the better unit, but for the $500 I paid for it the online should be twice as good as the unit I paid $250 for, but its twice as bad.

What I like about playing it on the Wii is you act like you throw the football with the controller.

You guys might laugh about the Wii, but like I said above, I also have the PS3, and the Wii's online play is absolutely trouble free, compared to my PS3 and losing connection all the time. Don't get me wrong, the PS3 is the better unit, but for the $500 I paid for it the online should be twice as good as the unit I paid $250 for, but its twice as bad.

Zamboni -

I was losing connection all the time with my PS3, and I would check and the wireless was usually around 50%.

I got a range extender and put it right next to the PS3, now the signal is at 100% and I don't lose nearly as often.

I'm sure the others playing COD WaW appreciate it too when I'm the host.

I am hardwired to my router on the PS3. Had the Wii running wirelessly and it worked great, until I put it in the living room on the LCD tv, then I had to wire it as well. I don't get how neighbors can use our WiFi signal from half a block away, but I can't get my gaming consoles to pick up a signal in the other room.

You can also try this little tip a Radio Shack guy showed me.

It allows my Wi-Fi to go about 400' now to my mom and dad's house.

Cut out about a 12" diameter piece of cardboard and cut a slit in it so you can fold it like a cone.

Cover in tinfoil, and glue it so it creates the cone, essentially making your own "satellite dish".

You can then "direct" more of your signal wherever you'd like.

We're also running (2) linksys wirelees range extenders, 1 in each house and have complete coverage anywhere.