• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout in the SW Metro

pjfweb

I know that Christmas Lake holds some rainbows (still have yet to catch one, but I'm trying) and I've recently heard about 'the courthouse pond'.

I live in Bloomington and I'm wondering if there are any other options I have for trout in the SW Metro?

------------------
Patrick (pjfweb)
Bloomington, MN
www.sirpatrick.com

It's been awhile, but there used to be trout in Eagle creek, out toward Savage. For all I know, it might be a housing development now, but we used to get them out of there, back in the day.

Eagan isn't exactly south west metro - but it's south metro - possibly not too far from where you are at in Bloomington. I can't remember the names of the lakes/ponds that have been stocked there - possibly Holland, but please don't quote me on that. Search on the DNR's web site for lakes in Eagan. The one I'm thinking of is in a Dakota County Park. I fished it once maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Didn't catch a durn thang but saw a couple people getting some smaller rainbows.

that's good to know... even though I probably would have checked before I would have gone.. I would have hate to go and keep a fish without knowing. thanks for the heads up.

Any other trout streams around the south/southwest metro?

i've never fished it, but the vermillion river around farmington/lakeville is supposed to have trout in it.... the DNR just designated 20 mi. of it as trout water....

i asked about it on the fly fishing forum and got a few replies-- check there for em.... sounds like there are some big uns in there, just tough to come by.... also access sounds tricky, as there's mostly private property.....