• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shock collars

bobber guy

Which ever brand you decide to go with, look at getting one with multiple "continious" stimulation levels over one with multiple "nick" stimulation levels. You can always hit a continious stimulation button momentarily to give you the same thing as nick. Gives you way more options and versatility.

Which ever brand you decide to go with, look at getting one with multiple "continious" stimulation levels over one with multiple "nick" stimulation levels. You can always hit a continious stimulation button momentarily to give you the same thing as nick. Gives you way more options and versatility.

I have a Tri-tronics 200 that i used when I had a string of field trial dogs and to me KNOWING that when I wanted to nick that I truely did nick when I pushed one or both of the black (nick function) buttons is important. For example, if I wanted to just "touch" the dog for committing a minor sin (back casting I.E.) vs when I wanted to grab their attention for a major infraction (popping and the chasing a deer).

The worst thing a collar can do is to go off when you don't want it to. The 2nd worse is not going off when you NEED it to.

My collar was in the basement on the maintain setting for years and when the son in law asked to use it it worked fine and has continued to work for the last couple of years for him.

As a pointer guy if I had to buy a new collar it would be one be that had both nick and full time buttons and having a beepber that you can turn on and off from the transmitter would be just perfect. Switch grass has swallowed up more than one dog on point & thus the beeper option. I had 4 dogs on my hunting string in past years that were all broke to w/s/k & sometimes finding them on point was a challenge when you were on foot. Thus the beeper option.

I'd look at Tri-tronics 1st but I've heard good things on the others. Innotech....was bad back when I trained.