• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new law

knoppers

you can not use your ATV in any wetland, including your own, or you will get a gross mistomenor (SPELLING).

so what is clasified as a wetland?, if there is lots of rain, and you muddie up your own driveway, is that considered a wetland?

I can see this law being challenged in court many times.

If some yehas are riping up a wetland and riping up the cattails, then I like the law.

I don't think this is a new law. I know it has been illegal to drive through wetlands for as long as I've owned my ATV, which is only about 5 years so my history is not very old.

The only exception that I am aware of is that my AG permit does allow me to access my wetlands for farm purposes but I am also obligated to keep my footprint at a minimum. An example might be if I have a fence running through a wetland, I might be able to use my ATV to carry materials and tools along the fence when making repairs.

Wetlands are very well defined by state law and should have been spelled out for you in the statute if you looked it up.

Those wetlands have been marked and documented by surveys for many years and include historical high water areas. It should all be contained in state and county plat books that document the make up of soil types. Wet driveways are certainly not considered wetlands.