• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fields or public land in the area

I live in maple grove and my father and I are going to spend our labor day weekend goose hunting instead of at the cabin. Does anyone know of fields and or public land within 25 miles of maple grove that my father an I could hunt on?

thanks in advance

You need to scout, scout and scout some more.

Then get your Plat Book and find out who owns the fields.

Contact them and try to get permission.

Early season geese will be in cut sweetcorn fields, Hay fields, and cut oat fields.

Or you can hunt them on the water.

I would guess you will run into difficulty scouting on the internet.

Good luck finding land in Surburne, Wright, Hennipen, and Carver counties. You need to know people really well or have lots of $$$$. A sweet corn field in the Monticello area went for $500 a day and it was leased everyday for the whole early season.

That sweet corn field you are talking about it lease by a guide service and i know he will make that money back. I have no problem getting fields in wright and sherburn county.

My best advice is be friendly to the farmers when asking permission and offer to help them out if they need it. It's the little things that count with these guys.

That sweet corn field you are talking about it lease by a guide service and i know he will make that money back. I have no problem getting fields in wright and sherburn county.

My best advice is be friendly to the farmers when asking permission and offer to help them out if they need it. It's the little things that count with these guys.

Or you could just have ins with the farmers on the fields:)