• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vick signs with Eagles

toughguy

So you are all for sweeping things under the rug as if nothing happened for your own entertainment. Sending mixed messages to the league and players. By accepting what they have done and looking the other way sends the message "ah, if I srew up it does not matter, pay my pentants and I'll be back".

He had his chance and srewed it up let the next guy have the chance.

I'm not saying not to give him another chance, but like I agreed with the above poster, there should be a no felony clause put into all pro athletes contracts. Whether they are raping, murdering or even killing dogs--they should lose their jobs. These people are idolized by kids, and nothing would get that their actions are wrong if they were punished by taking them out of the limelight.

Prove himself as a football player? I don't care what he's like as a football player-what is he like as a human being. We now see just how LOW the NFL will go to keep the money rolling in. Vick will do and say whatever he is TOLD to do and say to get back into the big bucks. But remember, he is NOT poor-he already had a pretty good pile.

I am saddened to hear how many people want to see this man on a football field, making millions, after what he did to those dogs. If I BELIEVED one word he says about repentance maybe I'd feel better. But when I hear his name all I see are visions of the acts he apparently performed PERSONALLY on helpless dogs.

I'll drop out of the conversation now. And I will NEVER watch ANY NFL game in which Michael Vick plays.

The whole thing is disgusting.

So you are all for sweeping things under the rug as if nothing happened for your own entertainment. Sending mixed messages to the league and players. By accepting what they have done and looking the other way sends the message "ah, if I srew up it does not matter, pay my pentants and I'll be back".

He had his chance and srewed it up let the next guy have the chance.

No one is sweeping anything under the rug! WE all know what happened and people are just tired of beating the issue with a stick. And NO its not for our entertainment. I have no reason whats so ever to watch him play any position. Obviously hes playing for a team that I dont care to watch. Its the simple fact he paid his time and penalties.... it dont make him a saint or even a good person but people just need to move on and get over it. And as far as the next guy getting a chance... Eagles have 2 well qualified QB's already. Maybe they just signed him for trading negotiations who knows.

Originally Posted By: PatriotsFan
Didnt Kobe bryans rape some girl not long ago?

Wasn't Kobe acquitted or they settled out of court? Let's be sure to get our facts in line before we make uninformed statements like this.

Did ya happen to look at the punctuation? I was asking a question.. hence the reason for the ? mark behind it. If I was stating a FACT I woulda put a ! behind it...

Prove himself as a football player? I don't care what he's like as a football player-what is he like as a human being. We now see just how LOW the NFL will go to keep the money rolling in. Vick will do and say whatever he is TOLD to do and say to get back into the big bucks. But remember, he is NOT poor-he already had a pretty good pile.

I am saddened to hear how many people want to see this man on a football field, making millions, after what he did to those dogs. If I BELIEVED one word he says about repentance maybe I'd feel better. But when I hear his name all I see are visions of the acts he apparently performed PERSONALLY on helpless dogs.

I'll drop out of the conversation now. And I will NEVER watch ANY NFL game in which Michael Vick plays.

The whole thing is disgusting.

I was referring to how he has changed as a human being not prove hiimself on the football field. I also could care less to watch any game he plays in.

I also agree with the thoughts the NFL or ANY major sports league should permanently BAN any Felon from the sport. Hell for most of us if we get so much as a speeding ticket or DUI alot of us would lose our jobs. But until that changes i wish people would just drip the VIck thing cause the publicity only fuels the fire.

Originally Posted By: PatriotsFan
Didnt Kobe bryans rape some girl not long ago?

Wasn't Kobe acquitted or they settled out of court? Let's be sure to get our facts in line before we make uninformed statements like this.

Chmura was acquitted and never got to put a NFL helmet on ever again. And he was a premier TE (and I HATE the Packers, and I admit that!!!!)

Not trying to beat a dead horse - Im all for second chances and am not one to judge anyone but I say shame on the NFL and the Eagles! This is not his second chance but more like his 7th. Quite the rap sheet that includes multiple drug related issues, sexual stuff, thieft, heck two of his entarage were convicted of distributing while in one of his vehicles. Or how about the two finger salute he gave fans who booed him. And not to mention he denied till the end that he had anything to do with dog fighting. I sit here and look at my dog n cat and get angry thinking this guy does not deserve anything to do with the NFL.

Off my soap box now but im glad im not an Eagles fan...