• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Mudcatman

Redhorse ID Page

Do you know your redhorse? Some would call them trash fish, some would call them bait. Me, I call them a ton of fun, especially on light tackle in the spring time. Being a new member here, I thought I'd take the time to put up a quick reference for redhorse identification of species represented here in Minnesota...

Greater Redhorse...IMG_0465.jpg

River Redhorse...IMG_1924.jpg

Silver Redhorse...IMG_1485.jpg

Golden Redhorse...IMG_2490.jpg

Shorthead Redhorse...5508017.jpg

Black Redhorse...IMG_2660.jpg

i made these really fast a couple weeks ago. and put them on my MP3 player

they arent professional looking but they work for me

SilverRedhorseID.jpg

goldenredhorseID.jpg

shortheadredhorse2.jpg

riverandgreaterredhorse.jpg

i also made one for IDing sunfish.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Last friday of lent and Coborns had a flash sale on fresh salmon so I put some on my overpriced pellet grill.   Good thing my wife talks me into sacrificing eating meat on Fridays of lent, you know, for Jesus.    
    • Got up early and put this small piece of brisket on my overpriced pellet smoker. I've never done one this small but my buddy who owns a meat market gave it to me at half price to get rid of it. It's  almost foiling time now at 10:30 am.
    • I’m in St. Cloud for Easter weekend, and decided to check out nearby Little Rock Creek. I had very low expectations. There’s a few easements, and a nice little wildlife management area, but the creek really isn’t very fishable. Water was pretty high, and banks were flooded. Overhanging brush would make fishing impossible in summer. Didn’t catch anything. Wasn’t disappointed though. Now I know not to bother again. Was still a nice morning for a walk in the country.
    • Haha. So, her boots kept falling off so much (several sizes too big), she eventually put them on the wrong feet. I tried telling her that, which is always a losing battle on my part. I thought maybe, that if they were on the wrong feet, they would stay on better. They did not.   This is the best time of year to take kids out trout fishing. No leaves on the trees, brush is still dead and matted down, so casting and walking are super easy.
    • Very nice. You need to start making Youtube fishing videos with them now like #fish_time does with his kids!  😀 You can tell their fishing with Dad and not Mom.  Did you help your daughter with her boots Dad? 😄
    • Had a couple hours, so I brought my 2 younger kids out to enjoy the nice afternoon. River is a little high yet, but still pretty cloudy. I guess it was flooded pretty good yesterday. Rain must have washed in lots of food, because every trout had a big fat belly. I caught 5, and my son caught 1 (all browns). All of them on a largemouth bass colored husky jerk, which is my new favorite trout lure. Me and the kids finished the day covered in mud, and had a great time!    
    • Seeing whats working for everyone using decoys for mn. opener. My new whiteface DSD jake had 2 toms come in for my 10 year old grandson, Jeffrey. Whats working for everyone else? When using hen/jens only decoys, how do you set them and what do you use etc. Like upright and feeder???? Just seeing. 
    • Come on leech, you should know, you've been around forever. :)   Kemps Ice Cream........"It's the cows"
    • Congrats nice Bird!