• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
SCCO9803

Wisel Creek

Has anyone ever fished Wisel Creek? Anyone have any info on what the creek is like?

Excellent water! Worth the trip! MAny other designated streams in the area worth wading as well!

THere is quite the history in that area, regarding the "Wisels"! Maybe someday I can share it!

LEt me know how you do!

Jim W

Interesting, my inlaws have land and camping area on that stretch of stream. What is the story behind the "Wisels?"

IN short,

The Wisels resided stream side at the turn of the century. During the "100 years" flood, a large log jam upstream on the South Fork of the Root jammed up the flow creating a huge wall of water when it broke free!
The Wisels were swept away. SOmesay..including myself that on quiet evenings walking the streams in that valley you can still hear the cries of Mrs. Wisel, being pulled down stream on her bed mattress!!

Jim W

Jim W,

would you be able to tell the full story via email or direct me to where I could find out more about this tale? Is it true? Please! I'm very interested.

email me at: corey_schmiedeberg (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks!
PS is your last name Wisel?

[This message has been edited by SCCO9803 (edited 05-27-2004).]