• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally!!!

Jim W

Well, as most know, SE Mn has received some decent rains over the past week or so.

Some of my favorite head waters are running at top levels! I plan to hit it this evening!
Them big browns have had enough time to get on the move!!!
Prime time right now for some great hardware launching!!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 05-26-2004).]

Jim, I just got back from scouting the rivers. The Root is still a little high below Preston, but it gets excellant starting around Caramona and all small streams that I saw looked great! I wet a line for about an hour, 25 trout with the largest about 13". Threw silver Super Bows. The action is fast and hard! Lots of fun!
John Eggers

Well I finally took heed, listening to my own recommendations. I got out on the stream last night with long time friend JA SAY TREE!

Trout was the main focus, but we were keeping our eyeson possible mushroom spots as well!

ANyway, I worked a run that I caught my to date personal best brown. 40 feet downstream of that exact spot, I hooked into the largest and most beautiful trout of my life!

This fish controlled me. A couple moments where I could only watch my rod bend and slowly throb to the weight and power of this trout!!

I finally got it close enough to see it was bigger than I first thought.
Then the struggle began...even before I reached down to remove the hooks. Should I keep this fish, being the largest I have caught in 23 years of trout fishing?

Somehow I already knew I was going to release it, but I have to admit I am doubting my decision this AM!

Not even sure how long that fish can survive at it's age etc.

JA took 11 pictures of the scene/fish. I hope at least one of them is nice enough to share with you all!

This fish wasn't a real long fish, but it's stature was truly impressive! Something I dreamed about catching in a Montana river for crying out loud!
Hooked jaw and top to bottom real wide!
23-24 inch Brown now swims to re-gain it's senses after it's traumatic experience!

#9 Original floating "shiner" rapala!!

I fish to have my rod bend, like it did last evening!!!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 05-27-2004).]

Congratulations Jim!

That fish is sure to get bigger. It's not only survived, but by the sounds of it did very well under some very hard conditions.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

Well done, Jim! I can't wait to see pictures. As long as the pictures turn out, you can always get a replica later on. I've been going after a similar fish in Wisconsin for the last 3 years. I always bring a camera along every time I fish that stretch.

Haaad

Uffdapete and I did a little wading yesterday a managed some very nice trout and smallmouth!

Two trout were in the 19-20 inch range and a coule in the 16-17 with a few in the 12-14 inch range!

We missed quite a few as well, having two break me off in submerged timber....doh!

Great day to be out!

Still waiting for my pic's!!

Keep the rds bendin'!!

Jim W