• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin River Fishing Reports-Prairie duChien-Stevens Point-WI Dells

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Please post your current fishing reports for the Wisconsin River-Prairie du Chien-Stevens Point-Wausau-Waupaca-WI Dells-WI Rapids/Columbia-Crawford-Dodge-Grant-Iowa-Sauk-Juneau- Portage-Richland-Vernon-Washington-Wood County here!

Thanks.

Wisconsin River Fishing Reports - Click Here For Even More Area Info

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been pretty dead. After the dumping of snow we received tuesday and wednesday (10-12 inches) the inch or two of ice underneath has flooded over and made for some unsafe conditions. Have heard from a couple guys here at school that have snuck out on 2-3 inches at lakeside and it was slow.

I was out further down river by rapids on Friday and marked 2 fish, no takers. The other guy out there had marked more, but still no takers. I'm headed out again soon and I'll check the ice again. Tuesday was 1" (I was told), Friday was 2-2 1/2" with 2" frozen slush on top in areas. I also heard 2-2 1/2" at rusty's, and the same for lakeside and the redbridge/pipes area.

Ice was the same with frozen and unfrozen slush. Fishing was also the same. I marked many fish, but only one committed and I set the hook so hard I almost fell over. Tried forage minnow spoons with waxies, ratso and shrimpo bare and with waxie, #3 chubby darters, and a moonglow jig with waxie. The only one that got bit was the shrimpo after finally putting a waxie on.

Ice is solid every where I've checked. 5-6 inches. All of the slop from last week is frozen. Saw people with 4 wheelers out on the river backwaters as well.

Fished today from 12-4:30. Started at deep slough. Fish were there, but very finicky. Caught a nice crappie and a few gills in about 2 hours. Moved to Rustys for the rest of the afternoon. Fishing was slow until last light when it picked up a bit. Caught another nice crappie and a handful of decent gills. Ended the day with about 8 or so nice gills and a couple of crappies, and caught some small gills as well. Spikes didn't produce as well as waxies, and green outfished pink(the two colors I fished with). Nothing on my second rig with minnows.

Things were kind of slow around Point thursday and friday(couple of gills and an eye). So friday we headed a little farter north. Did well on the crappies, caught 40+ nice crappies between a few guys and a few other species mixed in. Went back yesterday, dead besides a couple of small white bass. 15 FOW, spikes or rosy reds.

38" fish is very nice Auggie!

Fished yesterday at Dubay, only one nice crappie, switched to a small backwater of the plover river, managed a few gills, perch, and a northern. Slow day overall. Headed out tommorow to an area lake, will report.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Thanks for the reports Lunker & AuggieDawg. I get to Steven's point every now and then. I'll need to check these reports out before I head that way next time. Thanks again guys and keep em coming please. smile

Fished a couple of Marathon county lakes yesterday, caught lots of small panfish and perch.

Finally headed back to the river backwaters today. Found the gills in about 5-6 fow not too far back from the main river. They were very finicky. Only coaxed one on a genz worm/double spike combo before I switched to more finesse tactics. Did well fishing a tiny silver marmooska jig with a single spike. The fish were hugging the bottom but would come up a foot or so when jigged. Bites were very light, would just barely see the line twitch. Kept a handful for dinner, the rest back in.

Fished a couple of different backwaters this evening that were slow a couple weeks ago. Still very slow. Managed one small walleye, one small gill, and one perch. Going to put a little more time/effort in tomorrow to find some fish.

Fished Petenwell yesterday for the first time, also the first skunk of the year for me. Not very familiar with that resevoir.

Fished a backwater close to Point today 1-4pm. Caught gills, crappies, and perch. Very light bite, needed very small baits. Mostly small fish but a couple of nice gills and a slab crappie. 6 FOW.

Lunker,

I have never fished the Pete either. If you are looking for spots on the Pete, some guy posted GPS coordinates for 3 different spots on Lake Link I think they are true spots, because other guys were mad at him. Just an FYI for you.