• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well just had to go out a couple of hours after the hockey game. Hit the superior harbor bay in 15 ft from 5-7pm with not even a bite. Very slow for me last couple of trips out. Have to wait now for open water to try for the walleyes!! Guess they will be still growing for me!

You can drive out on Lyman from the public access by the park. There is no plowed road, but as long as you stay in the vehicle tracks that are out there you should be okay. 4 wheel drive is encouraged. Also the tracks that are out there really only go as far as the 15 foot hole out past the park. Fishing is slow out there, but if you get into some, let me know, and I will do the same. Good luck!

Got out to minnesuing again last night, only to catch a couple crappies. Fishing off of the east side of island in 35 fow. Fish seem to be non existent until 5:30 pm then they are active for a short period of time. They shutoff at dark. I've been using a pink glow manooska tipped with a live crappie minnow. I will be vetureing out to ULSC on Wednesday night. Will report later!

ULSC yesteday from 9:00 to 9:00. Overall a good day of fishing. Started on the south side of lake in shallow cabbage caught some small blue gills all of which I left for another day. Midday I headed to the north and pounded small porch which kept me busy. Then at dusk was able to land a few crappies to take home. The best part of the day was using the aqua view and spying on some northerns. They seem to be very active with this nice weather we have been getting.

Today I was finally able to bring home a limit of crappies. Even got a couple that went 12 inches. Minnusing!!! Got rather lucky, it seemed the guys that fished next to me only got a handful. Another tourney on the lake next weekend . I can't believe that the dnr let's permits be issued for another tourney on this small lake. You gotta think sometime it will take it's toll on fish mortality rates. But who knows, seems to still be a good fishery! Probably going to head out to Amnicon tomorrow and see if I can't get a few pike and walleyes before close of season on Sunday. Talk to you dudes later....good fishing wink

Hit Minneusing today. Near disaster. One of the trees I use to line up my sweet spot was blown down this winter and the GPS is snowed in at the cabin. After 30 minutes of drilling holes in 22 fow, I got it lined up and was able to fish from 10:30am-3:00pm. Great day, 9 smallies all between 12-15 inches and one hammerhandle. About 50/50 between bobber fish and jigged fish. All were sitting right on the bottom, except the Northern, which rapped it at about 10 feet when I was lowering a jig down and it suddenly stopped at what I thought was one of those interference bars on the Vex. Also got one of those Bassmaster sunburns with the sunglasses outline. Sweet.

Raiderforever, you must of been the one fishing outside moving around a lot. Nice job on smallies. Next time your out look for a white ford explorer with a guy dressed in all blue walking around that's me. Fishing my little heart out. Did good on crappies there yesterday. Today I am on amnicon to no success so far. I am posting from my clam (not a good idea I know) but pretty bored watching am empty graph and drilling 25 holes looking for fish. Hopefully late afternoon brings something good. Will report later! Ps plan on putting a full day on nebagomon tomorrow. . . Searching, scouting, getten her done

Fished the Alouez Bay this morning from 7-10:30 for Jumbo Perch. Set up in 8ft and managed only 4 small ones with one 11 1/2 incher. Very light bite and slow. Seemed to only hit minnows, nothing on waxies.

Yeah, I move around a lot out there. WI gives me the option of using three lines and I own a power auger...Too much with the ADD! I probably put, what, 10-12 holes to fish from (not counting my "expeditionary" holes)? I like to put one on top in 14, then I look for two foot differences (16, 18, 20, and 22). The 20's and 22's are for that wayward Walleye that never shows up. I had good success setting two bobber rods then quickly working the open holes with a jig and minnow head.

Nebagomon, had a good productive day keeping 12 fish. Perch and crappies. Fished the finger on the south side past honey moon. Fished deep waters. Nothing but minnows, anything else and your probably wasting time! Going to be on minnesuing tomorrow. Will report later!!!! Good fishing people!!!! Houston out----

Fished Upper St Croix, East side in crappie village in 18 ft. Showed fish but only managed 4 crappies, 2 6 in and 2 10 inch. barely could feel them on your line. Had another dozen bites (or nibbles) but couldn't hook them. 2 on waxies, 2 on minnows. Not a very productive day besides it was beautiful out. tried a couple of spots around the island, but nothing there as graph never showed fish.

Well, went back for more torture at Upper St Croix. Tried the evening into dark with only 2 crappies and 2 gills. Fished the east side in about 16 ft from 6-8:30. Showed fish, but not active. Just look at bait and barely bite. Missed more than I caught, but action was slow. A guy near me, had 8 crappies and 4 gills, but had been there from 2-7 and said he really had to work for them. Were is the active bite? Fishing just seems to be slower than last year. Laast year at this time, they were biting like crazy from 5-7.

Hit Upper St.Croix Saturday afternoon,managed two northers and a crappie, stayed until 8 p.m.

Hit Nebagamon Sunday morning and ended up with 6 crappies only kept 4 way too many small perch showing up in that lake.

Jar Jar

Jar jar, I agree with the small perch comment on nebagemon. We were able to get a few on Saturday. Kept 8. Many small crappies too which lived to see another day. Today marks my 9th consecutive day of hitting the hard water. Fishing has picked up for gills and crappies. Done well on area lakes catching limits. Found a real gem of a spot on a lake down by Gordon, which I am going to be discreet about. I opened my yapper to big the other day, then wouldn't you know it there were several people on my honey hole. Not going to do that again. However I will say that I have been using wax plastics, tipped with spikes, and shaking the buggers hard. Seems to be triggering fish to turn on for me. I will be heading out again tomorrow night, might hit ulsc! Will report later .... Good fishing friends!!!!!

Headed out to gordon this evening and caught several fish, including a 16 inch large mouth. Put up a good fight on my 2 pound test. It was very wet outside, and some ice holes even were having the toilet bowl effect (swirling water). Soon vehicle travel will end, especially at high traffic boat accesses. Be careful out there people! Heading out bright and early tomorrow again. Yes I am a die hard and I will never let a little weather stop me from dropping a line. Just like my grandpa always says, the more time you spend fishing, the better chance you have of catching fish!!!!

Fished McClures Landing yesterday and it was slow. 3 crappies with twice as many bites, but they were lite. All on minnows. Water on top of ice, definitely needed cleats on. Won't be long and the river will be opening up.

St. Croix river is opened up down by Gordon. Got out this morning down in Gordon. Kind of a slow morning catching 6 crappies (only kept 2), 2 pike, 2 bass, and a couple blue gills between 2 of us. Bounced a lot of holes and threw everything at em. Worked hard trying different baits to only get 2 keepers. Will try again tomorrow.

Fished Kimball Bay yesterday morning with only 2 crappies to show for. The parking lot on Badger Dr was closed, I suspect due to the muddy conditions and don't want it all tore up with ruts. Very windy and light rain so fishing conditions were not good. With more rain coming, ice will be going fast, so thought I would try to get out. Just wish the fish would cooperate more.