• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fished Upper St Croix from 1:30 to 4:45 with very little luck. Moved around a couple of spots and only managed 1 keeper crappie that was released for another day. Also caught 2 small perch, 1 small sunnie, and 2 other small crappies. Yes a slow day. Was using a spring bobber and it would barely move. Felt them when lifting up, but the spring bobber would barely bend down. Very light bite and missed a few. Hopefully they start getting more active and aggressive.

Sorry I did not make it out to nebagemon the other night. We decided to do a Minnesota lake instead. I did however make it out to ulsc last night from 530 to 9 pm. Only managed to catch a couple of crappies. Fished the west side again across from what they call crappie village. Think I'm going to hit up the gopher hole tourney on minnesuing on sat. Anyone else fished this tourney before. I have heard some crappies are being caught on east side of the island in depp waters. I did okay last year fishing this spot. I will be out there with my blue clam and white explorer. Stop by and say hi if you want. Later guys!

My daughter works at the gopher hole and is trying to get me to enter that contest but I will be at Winnie tomorrow. In my own opinion I think the DNR needs to step in and put a stop to all these contest at Minnesuing. I believe there is another one again next weekend. Probably 6 or seven total this year alone. It just hurts the lake too much. six or seven years ago a 12"- 13" crappies was the norm but now it's 9" -10" and very small northerns. This is my most favorite lake to fish but with all these contests I haven't ice fished it in two years.

Jar Jar

Agree jar jar, I was asked to help put together a tourney by Sheri at rapids riverside. People suggested minnesuing? And I was on the same boat as you when I explained to them the pressure that's getting put on. I want to help out rapids with a ice tourney but I'm not quite sure where to do it? I think Lyman, dowling or amnicon would be a viable option since everytime I hit these lakes fishing pressure is light. Good luck on Winnie!!! Love that big pond!

Fished St Croix Flowage from 8-11 yesterday morning. Was in chigao bay in 10 ft and the gill bite was good, except they ran small. Managed 15 that were over 7 inches to get a meal. Also haad a northern of about 2 lbs and a 13 in bass. No crappies. Must have caught over 40 gills total. They would barely hit, as you would feel them lifting up your jig. Good to have action though.

Fished the Superior Harbor this morning 6-7:45am. Got 1 14 inch walleye set up in 8 ft. Showed a few fish swimming through, but that's the only one that hit. They say the harbor has been hitting, but it's yet to produce for me.

Jarrid,

Tell Sherri that maybe Allouez Bay may be a viable spot for the tourny. This time of year there is some nice perch that comes out of there. With the game fish season winding down , amnicon or dowling will pretty much produce smallish gills and crappie.

I will mention it! Fished the minnesuing gopher hole tourney, and did well. Between the group I was with we had 4 flags and 4 fish with one of them good for a 2nd place finish worth 217 bucks! We fished away from the crowds on the sidelines bar side of the lake! I do believe there is another tourney out there this Saturday WOW poor fish population could feel the effect of all these tournies! That's why we will not be doing this one. I think it is waskos!!! Instead we will set out for the lions club on ulsc! Anyone else hitting this one. Good luck guys!!!

Fished nebagemon last night from 530 to 830! Did not even mark a fish! We were in 20 fow on the isolated side of the lake around honeycomb point. Tried hard but that's the way it goes sometimes! Going to do the lions club tourney on Saturday on north end of ULSC. See ya all out there!!!!

Jarrid, The night bite seems to be null and void on Nebagamon because of the stained water. I have done my best in the early morning being off the ice by 10 a.m. . I do fish the 40 ft hole over by Honeymoon Point. The fish seen to suspend in that area bout 5 to 10 feet off the bottom.

Jar Jar

Hit Gordon Flowage today from 8am-12 and did good on gills with a couple of crappies. Bite was sporadic as they would bite good for a half hour, then nothing for 10-15 minutes and then bite again for a half hour. Did this the 4 hours I was there. Must have caught close to 50. Alot of little ones, but also enough good sized ones.

Going to fish minnesuing tomorrow night will report later. But wanted to mention that there is going to be another tourney on nebagemon saturday. I try and fish these bar tournaments as much as possible, but I won't e able to do this one cause my band is suing a the waterfront that night. Come on out and check it out. Talk to you dudes later!!!

Did fish St Croix over the weekend. Did not participate in the contest - looked like a lot of people up there.

Caught a number of perch, never found any crappies.

Also caught 3 mud puppies. Never done that before.