• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I upload them to photobucket and just copy and paste the IMG code. The code will be on the left in the box that is labeled share this image. If you still have troubles you can e-mail them to me and I can post them for you. I am definitely curious now. It would be pretty cool to know there are northerns and tigers cruising around in there too.

That's my brother Jett with a 30 inch pike caught this last ice on amnicon. His to much of a puss to hold it the correct way. Then the nxt pic is from Sunday. Is that, or is that not an el Tigre? It's got beauty stripes, and nice color. The other musks we landed were all clear!

Without seeing the tail it's impossible to tell but that looks like a regular muskie, just with a ton of markings. This is a tiger, they tend to have very contrasting markings. As a rule of thumb the smaller the muskie the more markings it will have.

4781_899353186980_13914896_53784881_7061

It just goes to show you how some moron will take it upon themselves to transport fish from one body of water and plant them in another without any concern for the fishery. You can expect the muskie fishery to decline from pike predation from here on out. The lake is just too small to support both.

PHD, I Agree.

We caught a few pike last ice, but more muskies than pike, and a few eyes! Nick, that sure looks like a tiger (very pretty fish), but I do believe that if the spots/ stripes run through the head (like mine), that makes it a tiger! Also I do beleive that a rounded tail (like mine, not seen in the pic), makes it a tiger too. Pointed tail would make for a regular or barred musky. Anyway, I am not a musky guide, just a walleye guide! So I am not 100% positive that was a tiger. But I know there are pike in there, and mix them in with the muskies on a lake just shy of 500 acres, there will be el tigres !!!!!

Hey, any of you dudes want to help me install a new depth finder I just bought? It is a humminbird 565. I would like to move my lowrance x50 to the bow and put the new unit in it's place. I will pay you for your help, plus I'll give ya a certificate for a half day guided fishing trip on an area lake. I'll buy bait and beer! And like I said I'll pay ya for the help. I am not good with these sort of things. All I ask is that I need someone that has experience doing this. The boat is a new 08 Lund rebel 1625. And you could come over and do it at my place in south range. Email me and let me know fellas. Oh and I would like to do this asap for I have people to take fishing this weekend. Maybe tomorrow night?

Hit the Minong Flowage this morning. All I can say is WOW that was some weather. The good news is that the walleyes were turned on. Guided some people out and caught several fish. The only problem was that lots of small ones 13 and 14s. Did get some to take home though. So all in all a successful trip out. Anyway. If anyones looking for something to do, come out to rapids riverside tonight and check out our new band. If you like rock music, you'll enjoy the show. See yas there!

Went fishing last night on an area stream. Watched one guy reel in a walleye, and and miss another. After a couple of hours I finally locked onto one. While reeling the fish in "wabam" musky tried to eat it. Walleye got off and I landed about a 25-26" ski. Awesome fight!!! I am not going to say where we were fishing, but it was in a state park, and had a waterfall!! LOL, not a lot of room down there! Later friends!

Rain rain rain, but guess what [PoorWordUsage] still got out and wet a line? Yes I fished today in this gross, but much needed weather. Today, my buddy Austin and I tried a couple different spots including the mouth of the amnicon. Got skunked!! Not even a bite. Water levels were high and water color reminded me of the river in willy wonkas factory (very brown and chocolate like). I will try Lyman tomorrow night, then to the river Saturday. I think the way the weathers suppose to play out should make for a wonderful opener.

Lyman did not pan out the way I imagined. I thought the eyes would have grown maybe a little, but I was wrong. Still small dinky walleyes. At least there's a good population of them. The muskies probably eat well out there. Also caught a couple little crappies. It was a very nice night to be out. I'll be on the SLR in tminus 6 hrs. Gnight

Jaarid, thanks for all the posts. I've been to busy to get out fishing but will be soon hopefully. I usually post all my adventures whether good or bad just to help the forum out. I checked into the situation you were having with the harrassing emails. I hear it was one of your old buddies. Well I couldn't find the email on the post you sent me or much wrong with the post you sent me. I did delete it, because you do alot of accurate posting Jarrid. but I'm not sure it was the right one. That one was by Sherpa you sent me. I'm sorry Sherpa for that if it wasn't you harrassing Jarrid. I'm all for making this site a positive for fisherman. It's very helpful and I hope Jarrid you and Sherpa continue to post your experiences on here. Thanks guys!!

Thanks jefdig, ya I don't know what all that is about. I wish the stranger would just confront the situation and put the mystery away! If it's an old friend of mine, I would think he or she would of said something by now. Anyways "oh well", no sweat! I'll just ignore the situation. As far as sherpa goes, I certainly don't think he's involved. He seems like a great fisherman and honest person. (Sherpa we should get together for some fishing?, let me know!).

Fishing report=did well on the Minnie opener fishing the st louis. Took awhile, but I was finally able to locate a few, including a fat 23" 4.93lb eye. All in all a good weekend. Will probably be back at her tomorrow. Should be nice without so much of a crowd. See yas on the water, and good fishing!

Must be some kind of misunderstanding here. I hope none of my posts came off as negative at all, that was definitely not my intention. The post of mine that was deleted was definitely meant to steer things back towards the positive. Anyways like I said, must be a misunderstanding. Let me know if I can clarify anything. Sorry I took a couple days to respond. I was fishing on the St. Louis River all weekend. We did pretty well with the walleyes and I hooked into a 35" sturgeon. Weather was amazing and we had a great time.

Looks like we posted at pretty much the same time Jarrid. Glad to see that I was not offending anyone here. Looks like you beat my best fish of the weekend by a half inch. I didn't weigh mine (need to get a scale). That would be cool to meet up and do some fishing. I think I will be on the St. Louis a couple times this week.

Hit the harbor today right outside the airport. Not even a bite. Dinked around on the nemadji as well, not even a bite. Quit fishing at 3:30 after starting at noon. Not the best of hours to be out there, but did enjoy the weather. Did notice great success from the trollers of the big lake. Several coho and lakers. Anyway, be back out there probably Thursday. Sherpa interested in a night on the harbor Thursday. It'll be me and 1 other buddy. There's room if you want to get out on the Lund. Otherwise, well set up something else. My days to Gish are usually sat, sun, mon, and Thursdays.!!!