• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good luck Tom, let us know how you fair! Look forward to seeing you at the taste of nations get together. Will be heading out Monday. Spent the day at the superior gun show at barkers. Tomorrow I will take a day off after going at it for 12 straight days. Probably just a couple more ice fishing days for me, then to the brule river. Will report later!

Hit Kimballs pretty hard on saturday and ended up with quite a few crappies but they were running very small but I guess that's a good thing for the future. The weather was a bit nasty but we lasted until 4:30 p.m.

Sunday was much nicer so at 4:00 I decided to hit Nebagamon with my daughter and we pulled up about 20 crappies but nothing real big. The shoreline on Nebagamon is getting pretty bad but idiots are still driving out there and busting up the shoreline very bad.

Jar Jar

I cannot understand why the dnr is permitting another ice fishing tourney on minnesuing! It is no wonder that this lake has not have a huge population of bigger fish. This has got to be the 10th tourney on the lake. In particular the 2nd one that waskos has thrown. I will not be doing this tourney, I hope there are more concerned people out there besides me.

The lake association has talked to the DNR about this very topic. The DNR guy said there was nothing that could be done as long as everybody got their paperwork in order. It's a shame that they can do this on a 500 acre lake. Pretty soon Wasko's will be having bass and walleye tourneys during the summer too. Great.

This is the fourth contest that wasko's has had. I haven't ice fished that lake in two years and probably won't because of all the contest..

Put the gear away and now time for Turkey hunting and river fishing.

Jar Jar

Hey guys, I have been messing around lately trying to catch a sucker in the open streams like the amnicon. Do you guys know any good streams that run thick with suckers? I still think it is a little early, but they should trigger soon! I bet as soon as ice out on lakes, they'll be spawning, . . .

Jarrid,

Try the Amnicon below the HWY U bridge just north Of Rapids riverside or try the Middle River below HWY 13. A good chunk of crawler will get set up. The rivers are alittle cold right now but I expect them to be ready any week now.

Jar Jar

Fished suckers from the shore fishing area on the nemadji river last night. The area that is right by the gas station BP. Used heavy sinker and hook with half night crawler. Caught 5 fish, which was a pleasent suprise. Water temps are way above where they were this time last year. Should make for a great early season!!! Thanks for the info jar jar, tried both those spots on Monday, but no success

killed the smelt off the brule on saturday and sunday. twenty gallons sunday night ran out of buckets and had to throw some back. Lots of coho's around in the lake too. Got a dozen suckers on sunday night so you'd probably do good at the mouth of the brule for them too.

Pounded pannies last evening. I am not going to say exactly where, but I will say you need waders (or you can stand in the water. Hook, sinker, bobber, worm. Caught over 40, with about 6 of them going 10". Because I am now guideing, I am goinng to try and keep these secrets to myself. Water temps are above normal.

Hit nebagemon today having a pretty successful day considering my compadre' caught a 6 lb bass. Beautiful fish. Other than that, caught 1 smalley, and about 15-20 pannies. A couple of then at that 10" size. Did not keep any fish tonight. Anyone else out yet. Tonight they are spearing on nebagemon, dnr guys said it's been terrible spearing this year. Not a good sign for the rest of us anglers.

Fished amnicon today. Still a windy one out there. Tried for the elusive walleye, but nothing. Did boat 4 muskies though, including one I think was a tiger musky. Biggest one was 33 inches, the others were about 27 inches. All got to say hi on the boat, then were released back successfully!!! Fun to reel in 7-8-9pound fish with walleye rigs. Anyway also caught some bass, perch, and crappie. Things are shaping up for another good open water season!

I didn't make it out to Amnicon to day. We hit Nebagemon instead. Not much luck there, got a 25" pike on a lindy rig and that's it. Still windy out there today is right. I hope the wind will calm down here pretty soon.

Did you get a picture of that tiger musky. I didn't think there were any northerns in Amnicon for them to mate with. Either way it must have been a cool looking fish. The one I got yesterday had almost no markings on it at all.

I'll have my gf try and post the pic of the fish I caught! There are definetly northerns in amnicon, pulled up some nice ones this last hard water season. Anyway, did minnusing tday, still windy. Only managed a couple hammer handles.