• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lots of current along with muddy water going through Altoona right now. I wouldn't even waste your time out there until the flow on the river dies down. Landings may or may not be good enough to walk out on by the time that happens anyways.

Hit Altoona Sat afternoon for a few hours. 4 smaller perch and one nice crappie - fished primarily for crappies and believe we would have done better targeting perch. In general the perch are biting but nothing consistent size wise. I expect the crappies to fire up with some warm, stable weather.

Altoona has been tough thus far this year, even with adequate ice early on. Average size of gills, crappies, and perch is good but you will work for them. I don't know anyone who is getting numbers with any consistency.

Wish I had better news but my bud is laid off right now and spending a lot of time out there and hasn't had any luck other than a few little ones and the occasional keeper. People are marking fish, but it sure seems slow overall.