• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone Been Fishing the Straight?

JP Z

I've heard mixed reports on the Straight River. Where is the "best" place to start if one is thinking of fishing it?

Thanks,

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

Try south of the lake by osage and work your way down and across 71 look for a gravel road south of the st. river to the right coming from wadena go down there about three miles and your eyes will see something great! I'll be running around there sat. are you flying or ul

Don't know when I'll get there. If all goes Well next Sat(8th) is when I will be there. I will have both the fly rod and the UL. But I will probably be UL'in it because I currently have more faith in my abilities with that.

Thanks for the update and insight.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

I went there Sat. it was 21 degrees it was to cold only fishing till 9 am, had no luck, did get lots of creek chubs, did see someone with two 12 or 13 inchers 1st cross road south of town, best of luck to you

Hmmmm, thanks for the update. Wow, that's a bit chilly. Brrrrrrrr. I'm trying to swing it for this coming Saturday. I've got the Go-ahead, but my fishing buddy is still a toss-up.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

I fished the river Tue, Wed, (morning 'till late afternoon) and this morning... very tuff bite. I used crawlers, spinners and fly gear. A couple smaller fish but nothing bigger than 12 inches. I fished from Park Rapids west both with waders and in my kayak.

mike martin

------------------
"Sometimes I feel like a coiled spring with a dangerous flaw".
Ty Cobb