• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Revo Toro rod recommendation

I took advantage of the free Fenwick Techna AV Muskie rod with purchase of a Toro at the Muskie Show. Went with the 8' MH and had Thorne Bros add 2 inches to the handle (14" instead of 12). I love the combo Very light setup. Now that Fenick has the new Muskie Elite Tech line out, you may start to see these going on clearance.

I also took advantage of that deal and got a 6'6" XH at the expo. (it was the only rod they had left, and actually the height of a rod I wanted, but not for this reel) As of right now I have my Toro paired up with that rod and it's great for really roasting small tails, but I got the rod specifically for cranks, jerkbaits, and WTD topwaters. my boat is a 14 ft. aluminum so I cast and retrieve at water level, so it's nice to haev the short rod for those applications.

I have and have used several brands of rods, HMX's, Technas, Compre's, MI, Loomis, St Croix, Gander, Pete Mania, Thorne Bros ect. The fit and balance of the Predator is unmatched in any I have thrown or own yet. Makes throwing glides, jerk-baits, cowbells seem like throwing a jig for walleyes. I used to carry 3-5 combos, but can do all I need with just 2 now, my 9' Predator for everything under mag dawg weight and my 8' C Series Throrn Bros rod for mag dawgs , weagles, mag treats and big curlie sues. Loomis is currently at Thorns getting the cork extended and will use it as a back up since the wife gave it to me as a present. Next year another 9' Predator in the XH for big baits. I'll keep the 7'6 croix for my daughter to use the 2-3 times a year she goes and already sold the anchor, the MI monster heavy.

I got mine for a big blade rod, compaired it with the Loomis Steel, and Sling Blade, IMO theres no comparison. Once I had the Predator in my hands with the Toro on it I knew it was the one and worth every penny. The other 2 rods just didn't feel as balanced with the Toro. And the big factor I wanted a 9' and the Predator is the only rod in that class that offers a full 9' blank vers the Loomis or Sling Blade that need to be extended to achieve 9' lenths.

You get what you pay for. Esox mag touched on two things that are very important, IMO. Balance and weight. You want to spend a 12 hour day chucking big baits? Having a light rod and a balanced rod sure does take the work out of it.